GMP Recruitment are proud to be partnered with a highly recognisable and hugely successful manufacturer of construction and utility equipment. We are supporting their recruitment for a Workshop Engineer to join their team on a full time, permanent contract, located at their busy Redditch site.
This is a chance to join a vastly successful business that can offer stability, security and career development.
Our client is a growing company supplying some of the world’s most exciting and innovative products into the market place.
The ideal candidate for this role will be someone with experience in maintaining, servicing and repairing machinery, and who is confident with welding and oxy-acetylene equipment and can demonstrate experience of working with Heavy plant and machinery.
It is preferred you can demonstrate an - NVQ level 2/3 in plant maintenance or equivalent.
Workshop Engineer main duties:
- Maintain, service and repair Equipment (or miscellaneous equipment) as required
- Complete a dynamic risk assessment and method statement prior to commencing any work.
- Complete pre-delivery inspections and modifications.
- Disassemble and overhaul machines and major comments, repairing hydraulic and electric systems
- Carry out post repair test / inspection on the unit to ensure the unit is operating to expected performance levels.
- Carry out diagnosis, disassembly and rebuild of machine major components
- Diagnose the root cause of the reported fault
- Clear identification of any required parts
- Accurate and timely repair
- Completion of the specified documentation
Workshop Engineer desired skills and experience:
- Experience of working with Heavy plant and machinery.
- Basic Safety training
- Knowledge of Auto-electrics
- Experience with Welding and oxy-acetylene equipment
- Experience of workshop tooling
You will have good attention to detail, the ability to work well with others and the ability to remain calm when under pressure.
For all of the above skills and experience you will receive an hourly salary of up to £12.45 p/h which is demonstrable with experience, plus additional company benefits.
This position has the ability to interview suitable candidates ASAP with an immediate start available for the successful applicant.
If this Workshop Engineer role sounds perfect for you, or you require more information, please click apply
GMP Recruitment are recruiting for this role on behalf of their client and are acting as a Recruitment Agency.