GMP Recruitment are proud to be in partnership with a highly recognisable, leading manufacturer located in Kidderminster. We are currently recruiting on their behalf for someone to join their team as a Fabrication Welder on a full time, permanent, contract.
Our client is one of the world's leading manufacturers and distributors of machinery protection systems. They are currently going through a substantial period of growth and are looking to take someone on, immediately.
The ideal candidate for this role be able to demonstrate previous experience withing the Welding trade and will also be able to demonstrate a welding capability. You will also, preferably, come from a busy manufacturing background.
This is a great opportunity to join a highly successful business that is a leader in the field of work that they produce.
Fabrication Welder main duties:
- Receive component parts from previous stage and check components to drawing
- Interpret dimensions on computer models using Drawing data base.
- Set welder and weld as required to drawing specification.
- Use jigs and fixtures to build components to Drawing tolerances
- Clean up weld if required.
- Assists within the Company as and when required.
- Support company improvement activities
- Spends on average 85% of time welding
- Must be able to work shifts
- Manufacture Complex fabrications using Zintec coated steels, meeting tight deadlines to agreed Standard times.
Fabrication Welder desired skills and experience:
- Certified as being a proficient welder
- Experience of MIG and TIG Welding
- At least 5 years Fabrication welding experience
- Must be computer literate to enable access of computer models on Drawing data base.
- CSE in Maths & English, Metalwork or Woodwork.
- Experienced in welding large complex fabrications i.e. Heller Main Guard
- Must be able to weld a range of materials i.e. mild steel, stainless steel, aluminium and Zintech coated steels
This is a Monday – Friday position. Monday – Thursday will be 08:00am – 17:00pm and there will be an earlier finish on a Friday of 12:45pm. There is overtime available as well.
For all the above requirements the successful Fabrication Welder will receive a very competitive hourly rate. There are multiple rates for this role ranging from £8.91 - £14, which all depends on experience, plus other additional company benefits.
AN IMMEDIATE START IS AVAILABLE FOR SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE.
If the above role sounds perfect for you, or you require more information, please click apply.
GMP Recruitment are recruiting for this role on behalf of their client and are acting as a Recruitment Agency.