GMP Recruitment are proud to be partnered and supporting our client in the Worcester area with their recruitment. We are looking for a Warehouse Supervisor to join their team on a full-time, permanent, basis.
The ideal candidate for this role will be someone who can oversee a team of individuals, but also someone who will be able to get hands on with the role as well.
The working hours for this position are Monday – Friday, 08:00am – 17:00pm. This role will involve travelling to the Worcester and Pershore site to access to a vehicle and a driving licence is essential.
Warehouse Picking Supervisor main duties:
- Support the planning, co-ordination, and physical picking of goods, in a timely and efficient manner to achieve your team objectives in line with Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), as determined by the Warehouse Management Team.
- Champion the training & development along with the health, safety & welfare of your team.
- Ensure exemplary hygiene standards are maintained across your area of responsibility.
- Work closely with the Stock Integrity team to assist in the accuracy of stock.
- Be responsible for ensuring that the quality of the product and customer service within the Warehouse is maintained at the highest possible standards.
- Ensure quality procedures and team quality targets are strictly adhered to.
- Ensure the various processes, procedures and general duties which are laid out for the area are followed and that your team take ownership and complies with all related company processes and procedures.
- Supporting the management team in improving all matters relating to HSE, BRC and Ethical Audits.
- Assist in the investigation of accident and near miss investigations, obtaining statements and photographic evidence where necessary and generating action plans as appropriate within agreed timescales.
- Support the out of hours requirements of opening & closing of the warehouse, if needed.
Warehouse Picking Supervisor desired skills and experience:
- Strong people management skills
- FLT experience essential (Both Counterbalance and Reach)
- Driving licence essential
- High level of interpersonal skills
- Excellent planning, organising and prioritising skills.
- Ability to use initiative and make decisions.
- Ability to implement, and ensure compliance with, company policies & procedures.
- Accuracy and attention to detail are essential.
- PC skills essential and familiar with Microsoft Office applications such as Outlook, Word & Excel.
- Working knowledge of SAP/WMS and exposure to a pick operation using handheld devices would be an advantage
On offer for all the above is a salary up to £32,000, which is demonstrable with experience, plus additional company benefits.
If the above position sounds perfect for you, or you require more information, please click apply or contact GMP Recruitment directly.
GMP Recruitment are recruiting for this role on behalf of their client and are acting as a Recruitment Agency.