GMP Recruitment are proud to be partnered with a well-known, fast growing, bespoke engineering and technology company located Worcestershire, that specialise in the fields of automated turnkey solutions involving robotic, electrical, electronic, pneumatic and mechanical production & test systems, supplying industries such as Automotive, Rail, Aerospace, Food & Beverage and much more.
We are supporting their recruitment for a Field Service Engineer to join their team who is self-motivated, enthusiastic and committed to providing an excellent service to customers on site.
The role will involve regular, frequent attendance at client facilities. This will include telephone support as well as callouts at unsociable hours, on a rotation basis.
The company are currently going through an incredible period of growth so there has never been a better time to join.
The ideal candidate for this role will be someone with experience as a Field Service Engineer with the ability to diagnose mechanical, electrical and PLC faults on customer equipment on site and be comfortable being on the road and onsite for most of their working week.
Field Service Engineer main duties:
- Promptly carry out servicing and maintenance on customer machines
- Diagnose mechanical, electrical and PLC faults on customer equipment
- To contribute to installation and commissioning of new equipment
- Preparing, maintaining and executing client visit plans
- Facilitating excellent communication between clients, via the phone, in person and on site
- To represent the company on site to the best of your ability
- Obeying and implementing required Health and Safety rules
Field Service Engineer desired skills and experience:
- A background or qualification in an electronics or electrical discipline is ESSENTIAL
- A good understanding of mechanical systems and mechanisms
- Extensive experience with servicing equipment on site
- Able to commit to call outs, sometimes in unsociable hours (Not constantly)
- Excellent communicator and ability to talk through diagnosis with clients
- Organisational skills and good time management
- Strong attention to detail.
- An appropriate engineering qualification
For all the above you will receive a basic annual salary of £30,000 plus excellent fringe benefits, overtime pay, out of hours support and access to company vehicles.
If you want more information on this opportunity, then contact GMP Recruitment directly.
GMP Recruitment are recruiting for this role on behalf of their client and are acting as a Recruitment Agency.