GMP Recruitment are proud to be partnered with a highly successful, specialist manufacturer who are the UK’s number one supplier within their industry.
We are recruiting on their behalf for a Technical Support Assistant to join their team on a full time, permanent contract located on the outskirts of Malvern, South Worcestershire.
As Technical Support Assistant you will assist with the design, development, testing and support of products manufactured or factored by the company.
The ideal candidate for this position will be able to demonstrate similar experience in a previous role within a fast paced, high volume manufacturing environment with excellent attention to detail and an inventive approach to problem solving. Experience with CAD drawings and technical research and development skills for new products, is desirable.
This position is available due to continual growth and success of the business, so there has never been a better time to join this award winning team.
Technical Support Assistant main duties:
- Carry out tasks as designated by the Senior Technical Manager
- Work positively to develop and foster good working relationships with colleagues and contracted personnel in order to maintain a culture of mutual respect and dignity
- Support the maintenance of Q-Mark scheme memberships through the preparation of documents, CAD drawings and data sheets required for audit
- Prepare specification documents and CAD drawings required for audit and primary sample testing for security, weather and operational performance, fire integrity and smoke leakage
- Assist with building research and development samples for new products
- Assist with building samples for audit and primary testing
- Support third party certification bodies with their preparation of scopes, test reports, field of application reports and classification reports
- Assist with the compilation and maintenance of the product technical manual and database
- Assist with introduction of new products into manufacturing processes
- Support with building and stripping down show stands
Technical Support Assistant desired skills and experience:
- Previous experience in a technical support/ technical research and development role, required
- Experience with CAD and data sheets for audits desirable
- High level of numeracy and literacy and inventive approach to problem solving
- Accuracy and attention to detail with good communication skills
- Ability to use a PC to an operational level
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, solo and within a larger team
This is a demanding and highly rewarding position, working Monday – Thursday 8am – 4:30pm and an early finish on a Friday.
In return for all the above you will offered a competitive basic salary up to £30K which is commensurate with experience, plus additional company benefits.
If the above Technical Support Assistant role sounds perfect for you, please click apply. For more information, please contact GMP Recruitment directly.
GMP Recruitment are recruiting for this role on behalf of their client and are acting as a Recruitment Agency.