GMP Recruitment are proud to partner a highly successful and fast-growing technology company based in Willenhall. We are recruiting on their behalf for a Technical Buyer to join their team on a full time, permanent contract.
Our client is a leading and innovative organisation in a specialist defence related industry. They have seen substantial growth in the last few years so there has never been a better time to join.
The ideal candidate for this role will be experienced in a project based, mechanical engineering environment with a detailed knowledge of technical procurement. We are ideally looking for a candidate that can show 5 years or more in a similar engineering/manufacturing environment within technical buying, procurement or purchasing.
Technical Buyer main duties:
- Use key skills in technical procurement to support company projects and financial objectives.
- You need to be familiar with both electrical and mechanical engineering processes and will possess a relevant qualification
- You will be required to support both the M & E development demands of the company in a quick and efficient manner to ensure our customer satisfaction
Technical Buyer desired skills and experience:
- Excellent experience in a technical procurement role (project based) and able to demonstrate that you can balance quality, delivery, and cost.
- Experience in either ERP or MRP systems and their use in the procurement process. Also working with a master list of parts and part lists.
- Experience in supplier selection and development.
- A broad understanding of mechanical and electrical processes
- Proven ability to operate in a self-directed environment
- Control of stock levels.
- Preferable experience of working in engineering company where they have been responsible for sourcing and selecting suppliers, placing, and progressing the orders, control the goods inwards process and finally control the stock levels
- Awareness of and know how to calculate, reorder point, economic order quantity, minimum stock point etc.
This is a full time, permanent position, Monday – Friday 09:00am – 17:00pm.
This role comes with a highly competitive basic salary up to £35,000 which is demonstrable with experience, plus excellent fringe benefits and great career progression opportunities.
If the above role sounds perfect for you, please click apply.
For more information contact GMP Recruitment Directly.
GMP Recruitment are recruiting for this role on behalf of their client and are acting as a Recruitment Agency.