GMP Recruitment are proud to be in partnership with a highly successful manufacturing company located in Malvern, Worcestershire. We are currently supporting their recruitment for a Supply Chain Manager to join their team on a full time, permanent contract.
As a Supply Chain Manager, you will plan, direct and manage the supply chain functions to ensure the Company has the right parts at the right time. The position enables the Company to mange and control their inventory stock. The Supply Chain Manager needs to have complete control over the storage, availability, quantity and movement of the stock.
The ideal candidate for this will be able to demonstrate previous experience in a similar Supply/Purchasing and Stores led position, preferably within a manufacturing environment with the management skills to control the supply chain function, suppliers, systems policies and procedures.
Supply Chain Manager main duties:
- Manage the Purchasing and Stores team to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Constantly look for new ways to enhance the service that both departments offer and implement those changes.
- Plan, direct and manage the supply chain departments in conjunction with the Stores team.
- Manage all suppliers, systems policies and procedures.
- Provide overall supply chain planning, management and coordination of procurement activities for the Company.
- Develop and implement strategies to effectively manage the different aspects of the supply chain which includes sourcing, procurement, purchasing, storing and distribution of stock, whilst assuring supply, quality services and cost effectiveness
- Leads the teams to develop and implement alternate ways to source in order to achieve improved cost, delivery and cash flow.
- Ensures all purchases are based on reasonable cost and on integrity of the supplier’s.
- Purchase order price must match the invoiced received.
- Assures timely distribution of materials or requested stock items to support all sections.
- Reviews with the Buyer and the Store Manager their performance and agree objectives on a monthly basis.
Supply Chain Manager desired skills and experience:
- Previous supply chain planning, management and coordination experience
- Excellent organisation, time management and planning skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills both face to face and telephone.
- Commercial awareness
- Confidence to problem solve and make decisions.
- Intermediate skill level with word processing and spread sheets (Microsoft Excel, Word, Microsoft Office packages & Sage Line 100)
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Ability to multi task
- Ability to work under pressure
This position is full-time, working Monday – Friday.
The successful Supply Chain Manager can expect to receive a salary up to £45,000 which is demonstrable with experience, plus excellent company benefits.
AN IMMEDIATE START IS AVAILABLE FOR SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE.
If the above role sounds perfect for you, or you require more information, please click apply.
GMP Recruitment are recruiting for this role on behalf of their client and are acting as a Recruitment Agency.