GMP Recruitment are recruiting on behalf of our client in Worcestershire for a Senior Software and Systems Engineer with significant experience in the design, development, integration and commissioning of PC based manufacturing, production and test systems, to join their fantastic business on a full time, permanent contract.
Our client is a lead provider of automation engineering services and solutions across a wide range of industries, including automotive, rail, aerospace, pharmaceutical, food and beverage.
Our client is currently going through a substantial period of growth and have just acquired new offices in the Kidderminster area, but they are currently still working from their Worcester base until the first part of the New Year in 2022. The role will be based in Worcestershire but may involve short periods of work at client facilities dependent upon project requirements.
The ideal candidate for this role will be someone with at least 5 to 10 years significant development experience in Visual Basic (VB)in a Visual Studio and .NET environment, developing PC based Win Forms applications.
It is essential that candidates applying for this role can demonstrate a main skill set and experience in PC based application development.
Senior Software and Systems Engineer main duties:
- Extracting & interpreting customer requirements
- Assisting the sales and pricing processes
- Preparation of system-level design specifications
- Contributing to external & internal design reviews
- System software design and development.
- System integration, test and validation
- Support production activities
- Prepare test, inspection and commissioning plans
- Leading test & commissioning activities
- Preparing documentation for system operation & maintenance
Senior Software and Systems Engineer desired skills and experience:
- At least 5 to 10 years significant development experience in Visual Basic (VB) in a Visual Studio and .NET environment, developing PC based Win Forms applications.
- Experience in small/bespoke SQL Server and SQL Server Express implementations.
- Experience of production line Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES).
- Experience in an instrument control and data acquisition development and integration environment.
- Machine Vision inspection and measurement techniques.
- The ability to employ engineering techniques to produce robust, innovative and re-usable solutions.
- Ability to work as an integral part of a multidisciplinary team.
- A proactive approach to identifying and progressing design, development and integration tasks, and to early pin-pointing and resolution of issues.
- A ‘can-do’ attitude and focus on meeting project deadlines.
An appropriate engineering or science degree that included elements of software design and development and instrument control and data acquisition understanding is required.
This role comes with a competitive salary circa £45,000 and excellent fringe benefits.
The role is Monday – Thursday 8am – 5pm and Friday 8am – 12:30pm.
If the above role sounds perfect for you, or you require more information, please click apply
GMP Recruitment are recruiting for this role on behalf of their client and are acting as a Recruitment Agency.