GMP Recruitment are recruiting on behalf of our client in Worcestershire for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to join their fantastic business on a full time, permanent contract.
Our client is a lead provider of automation engineering services and solutions across a wide range of industries, including automotive, rail, aerospace, pharmaceutical, food and beverage.
Our client is currently going through a substantial period of growth and have just acquired new offices in the Kidderminster area, but they are currently still working from their Worcester base until the New Year. The role will be based at the QM offices in Worcestershire, but may involve short periods of work at client facilities dependent upon project requirements.
The ideal candidate for this role will be someone with experience as a Mechanical Design Engineer with significant experience in the design and development of turnkey automated systems, with experience delivering systems into manufacturing environments
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer main duties:
- Preparation of system-level design specifications
- Extracting & interpreting customer requirements
- Mechanical systems design and development
- Assisting with system integration, test and validation
- Heavy contribution to external and internal design reviews
- Specifying components and supporting production activities
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer desired skills and experience:
- At least 5 to 10 years significant experience in the mechanical design of automated syste ms
- Extensive experience with delivering systems into manufacturing environments
- Enthusiasm to create and deliver innovative automated solutions
- Expert knowledge of component parts including pneumatics, motors, drives, encoders from major suppliers
- Working familiarity with CAD environment, preferably SolidWorks
- Familiarity with ISO 9001 Quality Systems and procedures.
An appropriate engineering degree or equivalent is desirable
This roles comes with a competitive salary up to £45,000 and excellent fringe benefits.
The role is Monday – Thursday 8am – 5pm and Friday 8am – 12:30pm.
If the above role sounds perfect for you, or you require more information, please click apply
GMP Recruitment are recruiting for this role on behalf of their client and are acting as a Recruitment Agency.