GMP Recruitment are recruiting on behalf of our client in Worcestershire for a Purchaser to join their team on a fixed term contract. This contract is an initial 3 months, but there is the possibility of extending this to 6 months.
Full time or part time hours are available for this opportunity.
This FTC can offer an immediate start for the successful candidate.
Our client is a highly successful manufacturing and technology company engineering that supply their clients across a wide range of industries, including automotive, rail, aerospace, pharmaceutical, food and beverage.
Our client is currently going through a substantial period of growth and have just acquired new offices in the Kidderminster area, but they are currently still working from their Worcester base until the New Year.
The ideal candidate for this position will be a tenacious, self-motivated Purchaser with experience in dealing with suppliers, placing orders and expediting deliveries.
Purchaser main duties:
- Gathering quotations from suppliers
- Identifying the key drivers of price, quality, delivery, payment terms and value for each order and achieving the best solution for the project.
- Placing and acknowledging orders.
- Expediting deliveries
- Reporting spend and delivery information to the project teams
- Maintaining an excellent relationship with our suppliers
Purchaser desired skills and experience:
- At least 5 to 10 years significant experience in purchasing.
- Willingness to integrate with house processes.
- Experience of purchasing electrical & electronic components
- Experience of purchasing from metalworkers - machinists & fabricators
- Ability to take a leading role as an integral part of a multidisciplinary team.
- A focus on meeting project deadlines & budgets.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office.
- Familiarity with SAGE.
An appropriate Purchasing qualification is desirable.
For all the above requirements you will be offered a salary of £25,000 which will be paid on a pro-rata basis, and excellent fringe benefits.
If the above role sounds perfect for you, or you require more information, please click apply
GMP Recruitment are recruiting for this role on behalf of their client and are acting as a Recruitment Agency.