GMP Recruitment are recruiting on behalf of our client located in Quedgeley, Gloucestershire for an experienced Production Engineer to join their successful and growing business on a full time, permanent contract.
Our client is a fast growing and highly successful manufacturing company that has gone through substantial growth in the last few years through hard work and great service generated by their exceptional work force.
The production department is growing so the ideal candidate will be a time served Production Engineer who can lead as the first points of contact in providing engineering expertise and support for the teams across three local sites.
The ideal candidate will take manufacturing processes from concept and trial to full scale manufacture and be familiar with Kaisen, 5S and Lean Sigma processes.
Production Engineer main duties:
- Writing work instructions, quality standards and manufacturing procedures
- Specifying plant and equipment requirements for jobs
- Ensuring all plant, equipment and processes meet health, safety, and environmental legislative requirements, including conducting risk assessments
- Identifying and investigating process improvement opportunities; keeping up to date with new plant and equipment developments
- Providing day-to-day support to the production line processes, to include root-cause identification of faults, defects, and process issues
- Propose, evaluate, and implement improvement projects to provide cost savings in areas such as material, machine and manpower efficiency and “Cost of Poor Quality”
- Relationship management of plant and equipment suppliers
- Issuing relevant permits to work to subcontractors for onsite activities
- Supporting to other areas as and when required
Production Engineer desired skills and experience:
- Experienced working within a busy production environment
- Confident users of various IT systems
- Clear communicators, particularly when writing / implementing work instructions
- Organised planners with effective attention to detail
- Able to work under pressure to strict deadlines
- Proven analytical skill and have a hands-on approach.
- Thrives under pressure
The working hours for this Project Manager role is Monday – Thursday 08:00am -16:45pm with an early finish on a Friday of 12:30pm.
You will be offered a highly competitive salary up to £35,000, which is demonstrable with experience, entry into the company bonus scheme, pension contribution, life insurance and more!
This position can offer an immediate start for the successful candidate, so do not miss out and apply today!
GMP Recruitment are recruiting for this role on behalf of their client and are acting as a Recruitment Agency.