GMP Recruitment are recruiting on behalf of our client located in Lydney, Gloucestershire for a Production Control Assistant to join their ever growing and successful team on a full time, permanent contract.
Our client is a fast growing and highly successful manufacturing company that has gone through substantial growth in the last few years through hard work and great service.
As Production Control Assistant you will primarily provide clerical support for the Production Controller and the manufacturing team. You will support the production plan to ensure that customer orders are delivered efficiently and on time and contribute towards ways in which to improve the production control.
The ideal candidate for this position will demonstrate an understanding of a high volume production process in previous roles, and possess an in-depth knowledge and understanding of SAP or other MRP systems.
Production Control Assistant main duties:
- You will support planning, production, customer collections and continuous improvement, supporting the extended production team and engineers
- Load new Production orders into planning tool and sap to establish delivery times and generate production documents.
- Complete production orders and reconcile to the planning tool daily.
- Dispatch orders on system and maintain the collections mailbox
- Prepare and issue production packs for the shop floor.
- Ensure production plan for sub-contractors is up to date and issued in a timely manner.
- Look for ways to improve the production control/documentation
- Propose and implement continuous improvements in own area.
- Identify any material shortages/delays and liaise with the procurement to establish what actions required.
Production Control Assistant desired skills and experience:
- Experience of production control within an engineering discipline
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of SAP or other MRP system.
- Self-motivated with good communication skills.
- Articulate with excellent verbal and numerical skills.
- Competent user of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Be able to demonstrate time management skills.
- A Strong mathematical and analytical approach
The successful candidate should be willing to be trained within a professional framework.
The Production Controller Assistant position can offer an immediate start for the successful candidate.
For all the above requirements you will be offered a highly competitive basic salary up to £26,000 which is demonstrable with previous, relevant experience, plus additional company benefits.
If the above role sounds perfect for you, please click apply.
GMP Recruitment are recruiting for this role on behalf of their client and are acting as a Recruitment Agency.