GMP Recruitment are recruiting on behalf of our client in Gloucestershire for a Production Buyer to join a highly successful, rapidly expanding organisation.
Our client is a highly successful, leading engineering firm with who specialise in a wide range of markets including infrastructure, oil, and mining.
The ideal candidate for this role will be a time served Production Buyer, with experience in the procurement of both raw materials and manufactured items ensuring that such items meet specifications and are competitively priced. In addition, the ideal candidate for this role will possess a minimum of 5 years in a purchasing function ideally in a manufacturing environment.
Production Buyer duties:
- To control the daily procurement processes for raw materials, bought out components,
consumables and sub-contract manufactured items, ensuring that such items and
services meet specifications and are competitively priced.
- Ensure all such items and services items are delivered in time to ensure production
and client delivery schedules are met.
- To assist in make versus buy decisions as needed to confirm most competitive supply
Production Buyer required skills and experience:
- To develop and maintain an effective supplier base of approved suppliers.
- Direct involvement in the agreement of pricing and terms & conditions of supply with vendors is essential.
- Knowledge and experience of working with subcontract supply and third-party processing is desirable.
- Experience in new supplier selection and supply chain development is desirable.
- Draw up contingency plan to ensure multiple options are available to ensure manufacturing is not disrupted by supplier failure nor that client delivery schedules are compromised.
- Process MRP/ERP requirements for demand, obtain quotations and negotiate purchasing details, place orders and set delivery expectation.
- To review evaluate and monitor quality, cost, and delivery of subcontracted components and services.
- Maintain supplier performance tracking to allow risk ratings within our supply chain to
be accurately determined.
- Expedite purchase orders and factory works orders to ensure that customer delivery expectations are adhered to.
- To ensure purchase requisitions follow the correct authorisation process, meet
specifications, meet legal and ethical requirements, and are produced, maintained, and
communicated to the supplier.
- Process purchase requisitions in ERP
- To review make / buy decisions in conjunction with procurement team and decide the most cost-effective method of supply.
- Work with the SHEQ department to ensure supplier quality is to the standards expected
This is a full time, permanent position, offering 37 hours Monday – Friday, flexible working is available. This role comes with a highly competitive salary up to 32K which is pending experience, plus excellent fringe benefits including 33 days holiday including bank holidays.
If the above role sounds perfect for you, please click apply.
For more information contact GMP Recruitment Directly.
GMP Recruitment are recruiting for this role on behalf of their client and are acting as a recruitment business.