As a design engineer you will expected to take the concept models/layout and develop them into a manufactured product. The role includes carrying out DFM/DFA activities including material selection, manufacturing process selection and assembly process development. A substantial part of the design will be sheet metal forming, bending and joining processes, so experience in these areas is essential. A further requirement is the design of a wiring harness so experience in this area is desirable.
- Be engaged as new product development lead
- Experience in industrial design of white goods - essential
- A track record of new products successfully taken to market
- Expert knowledge of materials and processes especially sheet metal fabrication
- Working familiarity with CAD environment, preferably SolidWorks
- An ability to employ engineering techniques to produce robust, innovative solutions
- Familiarity with CE/UKCA Marking requirements
- Familiarity with ISO 9001 Quality Systems and procedures
- The ability to take a leading role as an integral part of a multidisciplinary team
- Focus on meeting project deadlines & budgets.
- Good communication skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office.
This is a full-time role offering 37.5 hours a week Monday to Friday
Payrate of £18.46 to £20.51 per hour (£36,000 - £40,000 Per annum)
This role is to start in January 2022 with interview being held immediately.
GMP Recruitment are recruiting for this role on behalf of their client and are acting as an Employment Business.