Are you a time served Mechanical Building Services Designer, or contract Building Services Designer looking for a dynamic new role?
GMP Recruitment are recruiting on behalf of our client located in Redditch for a Mechanical Building Services Designer to join their well-known and highly successful organisation.
Our client specialise in the provision of mechanical services throughout the UK, providing a turnkey solution for any project requirement, designing and installing air conditioning and ventilation systems.
Joining the design team, you will be contributing to a highly successful and passionate team of engineers that deliver the best quality design solutions to their clients.
The ideal candidate for this role will be someone with experience in a similar design role and significant experience with office fit-out work and the fast turnaround timescales that this work involves.
Mechanical Building Services Designer main duties and credentials:
- You will utilise the latest version s of Hevacomp and Autocad to demonstrate design solutions in a timely fashion and in full compliance with current legislation.
- You will be capable of working on fast turnaround projects, from inception to completion, including producing own load calculations, drawings using AutoCAD (to construction standards), scheduling and selecting of equipment (including working with the team to place orders on equipment) and liaising with the design team.
- You will be experienced with office fit-out work and the fast turnaround timescales that this work involves
- Other works include schools, sports centres, hotels, showrooms, residential, swimming pools, so relevant experience with these types of design projects for air conditioning and ventilation systems is extremely desirable
- Experience working with wet heating and CHWS, 4-pipe FCUs, VRV, VAV, domestic water and public health systems.
- Capable of producing detailed site surveys and validation reports.
- Happy to travel to get to site when required
- Trained in EDSL TAS and capable of producing load calculations, Part L2 models and signing off EPCs (If you have an interest in EPC’s then the company can support your qualifications to the required level)
- Familiar with IES and the modelling process
- Interest in learning Revit
The Mechanical Building Services Designer working hours are Monday – Friday 08:30am – 17:00pm.
If you can demonstrate the above requirements you will be offered a competitive salary up to £45,000, which is commensurate with experience, plus excellent fringe benefits.
GMP Recruitment are recruiting for this role on behalf of their client and are acting as a recruitment Agency.