GMP Recruitment are recruiting on behalf of our client located in Lydney, Gloucestershire for an experienced Management Accountant to join their ever growing and successful team on a full time, permanent contract.
Our client is a fast growing and highly successful manufacturing company that has grown substantially within the last 2 years, so this is an incredibly exciting time to join the team.
Reporting to the Head of Finance, the Management Accountant will act as a margin controller, working to understand the bill of materials, labour content (Direct and Indirect Labour) of each SKU and you will work to maximise the margins and understand the impact of the product mix on the business.
This position requires an individual with strong stakeholder management and business partnering skills. You will be expected to work with Design, Procurement, Operations and Sales teams and engage, facilitate, challenge inputs /outputs and all while maintaining good working relationships with the extended team.
The ideal candidate for this role will be a qualified accountant that can confidently contribute and support a busy Finance team.
Management Accountant main duties:
- You will be the financial lead in reviewing quotations, facilitate effective discussion and challenge other stakeholders prior to issuing a quotation.
- You will play an instrumental part in the budgeting process, working to develop revenue and mix forecasts in conjunction with sales teams
- You will develop models that will enable the business to flex its bill of materials in accordance with price pressures
- You will be a key member of the value engineering team, seeking to improve / protect the product and margins
- You will support the Financial Accountant in the preparation of monthly accounts, having a particular interest in work in progress, finished goods and raw materials.
Management Accountant desired skills and experience:
- Proven experience in a similar Management Accountant or Senior Accounting role, preferably within a manufacturing environment
- ACCA/ CIMA finalist / Qualified Accountant.
- SAP Business 1 Experience (Desirable)
- Proficient Excel skills required (e.g., Sumifs, Pivot tables & vlookups)
- Excellent communication abilities
- Confident in supporting an extended finance team
This Management Accountant position can offer an immediate start for the successful candidate.
For all the above requirements you will be offered a highly competitive basic salary up to £43,000 plus additional company benefits.
The company have recently started working on some exciting and sizable projects so this is a position that you can really get stuck into!
My client can provide a supportive team environment with good quality work. They also aim to promote a good work/life balance and are committed to the health and wellbeing of all staff.
If the above role sounds perfect for you, or you require more information, please click apply
GMP Recruitment are recruiting for this role on behalf of their client and are acting as a Recruitment Agency