GMP Recruitment are proud to be in partnership with a highly recognisable, leading manufacturer located in Kidderminster. We are currently recruiting on their behalf for someone to join their team as a Maintenance Engineer on a full time, permanent contract.
The ideal candidate for this role will be a time serviced Maintenance Engineer with notable experience in a busy manufacturing environment, who is able to support the maintenance and repair of all production equipment, keeping down-time to an absolute minimum, whilst contributing to the safe and efficient running of production processes and cost-effective use of down-time.
This is a great opportunity to join a highly successful business that is a leader in the field of work that they produce.
Maintenance Engineer main duties:
- Working with the Senior Maintenance Engineer assign and manage daily work schedules for the M&M Maintenance engineers.
- When required direct Supervision of sub-contractors assigned to the Maintenance team.
- Develop with the Operations Manager a set of agreed working PPM schedules for all key Capital Equipment onsite.
- Implement and control of the required onsite PPM schedules and timelines associated.
- Working with the Operations Manager ensure control and effective communication of Planned Maintenance expenditure is in line with expectation and also ensure ALL purchase order processes are followed correctly.
- Working with the Senior Maintenance Engineer Support and coach the Maintenance Team to deliver the required daily work tasks and maximise equipment uptime.
- Maintain the highest level of re-active response time to unplanned breakdowns.
- Ensure all critical maintenance spares are in stock in order to minimise Plant downtime.
- Working with the Operations Manager and Senior Maintenance Engineer implement critical spares plant maintenance management in order to reduce risk of failure.
- Working with the Compliance Officer ensure all Health and Safety documentation is completed in line with policy and legislation.
- Support the Mill Manager in ensuring as required all mandatory Health and Safety inspections assigned are completed.
Maintenance Engineer desired skills and experience:
- Appropriate Engineering Qualification.
- Able to use own initiative, make effective decisions and judgments when required.
- Able to communicate with internal departments at all levels.
- Able to deliver as required daily briefings.
- Skilled in allocating resources efficiently and effectively.
- Confident in delivery of Maintenance excellence and performance.
- Able to Identify and assess opportunities for Operational Improvement.
- Use IT tools relevant to role and support for Health and Safety Compliance Management.
- Support HR process when dealing with employee issues.
- To act as a role model in demonstrating the Company values and carry out any other duties as reasonably requested.
- Full Driving License is essential due to location
For all the above requirements the successful Maintenance Engineer will receive an annual salary between £32,000 - £35,000 depending on experience, plus additional company benefits.
AN IMMEDIATE START IS AVAILABLE FOR SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE.
If the above role sounds perfect for you, or you require more information, please click apply.
GMP Recruitment are recruiting for this role on behalf of their client and are acting as a Recruitment Agency.