GMP Recruitment are proud to be partnered with a highly recognisable and hugely successful manufacturer of construction and utility equipment. We are supporting their recruitment for a Workshop Customisation Engineer to join their team on a full time, permanent contract, located at their busy site in County Durham.
Our client is a vastly successful UK distributor of construction machines, supplying innovative products to the UK Construction Industry with a strong focus on improving job site productivity whilst delivering fuel efficient solutions. The key innovations that support this is are the range of excavators and dozers with factory fitted integrated machine control solutions.
Reporting to the Workshop Operations Manager, the purpose of the Workshop Customisation Engineer role is to ensure all customisation work is carried out on all machines as per the instructions on the customisation request form.
This role involves preparing new machines for Customer delivery, ensuring that all the work is completed accurately and to the agreed deadline.
The ideal candidate for this role will be someone with experience in assembling machines and customising machinery, who is confident with welding and oxy-acetylene equipment and can demonstrate knowledge of Auto-electrics, lathes, angle grinders and pillar drills.
It is preferred that candidates hold an NVQ Level 2/3 in Plant Maintenance or equivalent, but not essential.
Workshop Customisation Engineer main duties:
- Assemble machines delivered in kit form
- Complete pre-delivery inspection
- Carry out customisation of new machines to Manufacturer’s specifications
- Spray paint machines and/or parts to Manufacturer’s specifications
- Troubleshoot and fault find any defects on machines resolving issues or escalating where required
- Carry out repairs as and when found, replacing parts where necessary
Workshop Customisation Engineer desired skills and experience:
- Knowledge of manual handling
- Knowledge of Auto-electrics
- Experience with Welding and oxy-acetylene equipment
- Working knowledge of lathes, angle grinders and pillar drills
- Good attention to detail
- The ability to work well with others
You will have good attention to detail, the ability to work well with others and the ability to remain calm when under pressure.
Working 40 hours a week, Monday – Friday you will be offered an hourly rate of between £13.00 - £13.90 p/h which is demonstrable with experience and qualification, plus additional company benefits.
Saturday overtime is available.
This position can interview suitable candidates ASAP with an immediate start available for the successful applicant.
GMP Recruitment are recruiting for this role on behalf of their client and are acting as a Recruitment Agency.