GMP Recruitment are proud to be in partnership with a highly recognisable, leading manufacturer located in Worcester. We are currently recruiting on their behalf for someone to join their team as an IT Technician on a full time, permanent contract.
Our client is a world leader in the manufacturing of specialist aluminium products. They are currently going through a substantial period of growth and are looking to take someone on, immediately.
The ideal candidate for this position will be able to provide IT technical support through the design, implementation, and administration of the computer network systems, keeping the company at the forefront of ICT. You will also be installing and configuring devices, diagnosing and trouble-shooting problems, controlling access to and keeping the network running smoothly and efficiently with little or no downtime.
IT Technician main duties:
- Administration of user accounts and other IT systems
- Offer daily operations and systems support to personnel
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues in person, remotely and via phone
- Conduct daily network backup operations
- Troubleshoot computer software and hardware issues and make repairs and perform scheduled updates
- Assist with installation, configuration and ongoing usability of system hardware and software
- Ensure that legal and contractual obligations relating to ICT resources, software licensing and systems are maintained
- Managing network growth and development
- Manage and install new computer software as required
- Upgrade relevant systems out of normal business hours to ensure minimum downtime during normal working hours
- Assist the NÉOS Group with IT support as and when required
- Support a positive Health and Safety culture, ensuring site procedures are always adhered to and Health and Safety legal requirements are met
IT Technician desired skills and experience:
- Qualification in IT field
- Active Directory experience
- Experience using Azure/Microsoft 365
- Knowledge of Firewall Setup and Configuration (WatchGuard is preferable)
- Experience working in Computer Networks and systems maintenance
- Experience of hardware fault diagnosis and repair
- Experience of software installation and troubleshooting
- Experience of server management
The standard working hours for this position will be Monday - Thursday 08:30am – 17:00pm with an earlier finish on a Friday at 13:30pm.
In return for all of the above, you will be rewarded with a basic salary up to £30,000, plus additional company benefits.
If the above role sounds perfect for you, or you require more information, please click apply
GMP Recruitment are recruiting for this role on behalf of their client and are acting as a Recruitment Agency.