GMP Recruitment are proud to be in partnership with a highly recognisable, leading manufacturer located in the Kidderminster area. We are currently recruiting on their behalf for someone to join their team as an IT Help Desk Manager on a full time, permanent contract.
This position operates on a 3 week rotating shift pattern on the following shifts:
Week 1: 07:00-15:30 (office)
Week 2: 08:30-17:00 (office) - In this week it is required to work the Saturday from home, and any day in the week is given back
Week 3: 13:30-22:00 (home)
Please only apply to this position if you can commit to the following shift patterns.
The ideal candidate will have the technical knowledge required and the desire to offer an excellent customer service. You will also have experience of working in a WAN and domain environment and have advanced networking skills, communicating effectively to understand issues and explain solutions.
IT Help Desk Manager main duties:
- Ensure all help desk tickets are assigned and resolved efficiently and effectively while providing daily reports.
- Serve as first point of contact for users seeking technical assistance via the Freshservice help desk system.
- Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions, with the assistance of our IT partners.
- Accurately and actively maintain asset and licence registers, Active Directory and Exchange.
- Install and maintain networking hardware, PCs, WAPs (Ruckus), printers, barcode scanners and phones.
- Install and maintain client software such as anti-virus, Sage and MS Office; utilising WSUS for updates.
IT Help Desk Manager desired skills and experience:
- A minimum of three years’ MS Windows experience in an IT Help Desk Manager role or similar.
- Advanced networking skills.
- Experience administering Windows Server 2012/16/19 in vCenter, including Exchange.
- SQL Server and T-SQL experience preferred.
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues.
- Manage and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Customer-oriented with a friendly personality.
- Access to a car is essential as travel between sites will occasionally be required.
- Must be willing to work in a shift-based team with hours of 07:00-22:00 Monday to Saturday. #
In return for all of the above, you will be rewarded with a basic salary up to £30,000, plus additional company benefits.
If the above role sounds perfect for you, or you require more information, please click apply
GMP Recruitment are recruiting for this role on behalf of their client and are acting as a Recruitment Agency.