GMP Recruitment are proud to be partnered with a highly recognisable, leading manufacturer in Worcester. We are currently recruiting on their behalf for an IT Administrator to join their team on a full time, permanent contract.
As IT Administrator, you will be responsible for providing day-to-day IT support services across the business to ensure the continuous, efficient operation and development of all company IT and communications systems including hardware, software, server, infrastructure administration and user support.
Our client designs and manufactures bespoke solutions that are supplied to various industries and therefore we are interested in experienced IT professionals that are interested in a varied workload that want to explore other aspects of IT work including PHP Developing, CRM Programming and even supporting Computer Aided Design (CAD) issues.
This is a hands-on and responsive role and would suit an individual from a similar IT Admin/IT Support role that is looking to progress a career within IT and grow within a reputable and successful business.
IT Administrator main duties:
- You will be first point of contact in providing support, answering questions and resolving issues for users including:
System access and passwords
Set-up and operation of various software programmes
CRM User Admin
General IT queries, both on-site and remote.
Configure new and existing hardware for users.
- You will carry out and assist on IT related tasks and projects.
- System and software licencing and hardware/consumable purchasing.
- Telecommunications set-up, security and maintenance.
- Monitor server and network infrastructure and carry out essential maintenance as and when required.
- Develop and maintain routine and preventative server maintenance, security and backup systems.
- You will communicate across the company to report and resolve software, hardware and operational problems.
- You will carry out project installations and / or device and network infrastructure maintenance on factory floor, working with machine suppliers.
IT Administrator desired skills and experience:
- Proven experience in a similar IT Admin/Support role
- Good Office365 experience
- SharePoint experience
- Windows Server / Active Directory (AD) experience
- Understanding of all networking principles (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP etc.)
- Knowledge and experience in remote access services including VPNs, RDP, Remote Apps
- Good working knowledge of all hardware including Servers, PCs, Printers
- Good working knowledge of latest MS and Windows used within a network environment as well as previous versions.
- Knowledge of LANS, WANS & Wi-Fi.
- Knowledge of backup systems.
- Experience of maintaining an IP based phone system
It is desirable that you possess knowledge of SQL databases, HTML/CSS, JS VB or have other programming language experience.
This is a varied and exciting role that can offer great longevity and career progression, and with this in mind we can offer up to £35,000 for a candidate that can demonstrate exceptional experience and skill regarding the above requirements, plus excellent fringe benefits.
There is an immediate start available for the successful candidate.
If the above position sounds perfect for you, or you require more information, please click apply or contact GMP Recruitment directly.
GMP Recruitment are recruiting for this role on behalf of their client and are acting as a Recruitment Agency.