GMP Recruitment are proud to partner a world leading organisation that specialise in advanced materials development and production. We are recruiting on their behalf for a HSE Advisor to join their team on a full time, permanent contract in Stourport, Worcestershire.
As HSE Advisor you will provide practical support and advice for the effective control of the site’s Environment and Health & Safety responsibilities and to ensure the continuous improvement of its systems.
To be considered for this position you must be NEBOSH qualified and demonstrate relevant experience in a manufacturing/industrial environment within Health, Safety and Environmental support.
HSE Advisor main duties:
- To champion best EHS practices and act as a role model throughout all areas of the business.
- To deputise on behalf of the EHS Manager and support the site management team where appropriate
- To develop EHS training materials and deliver training to Morgan employees
- To advise, guide and coach site personnel on safe and environmentally responsible working practices across all areas of the business.
- To develop procedures for the effective management of environmental aspects and impacts, ensuring compliance with applicable environmental legislation and regulations and Morgan ESG programs
- To develop procedures for the effective management of H&S on site, ensuring compliance with health & safety legislation, regulations, standards and Morgan programs.
- To identify and validate appropriate PPE for employees to undertake their roles safely and in accordance with applicable regulations.
- To carry out internal audits to ensure compliance with environmental and H&S systems and procedures.
- To provide advice and support to colleagues carrying out accident and near miss investigations.
- Advise and support colleagues in the completion and review of site risk assessments.
- To support the Health & Safety Committee and develop its members’ skills, knowledge and understanding of relevant H&S matters.
- ISO14001 and ISO45001 upkeep and management of systems. Supporting certification body audits and ensuring standards are maintained.
HSE Advisor essential skills and experience:
- Relevant industrial/ manufacturing experience is essential
- NEBOSH qualification
- Ability to work with cross functional project teams from manufacturing, quality, engineering, regulatory, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good IT skills and proficiency in MS Office programs
- Interpersonal / facilitation skills necessary to interface with and influence all levels of the organization with the ability to lead people and multi-disciplinary teams.
- A leader, self-motivated, working from own initiative and resilient.
- 3 years’ experience in a frontline Health & Safety and Environmental role
- Experience of auditing and managing EHS management systems to ISO14001 and ISO45001 is highly desirable
This position is Monday –Thursday 08:00am – 16:30pm and an early finish on Friday’s of 13:00pm
The successful HSE Advisor can expect to earn a highly competitive basic salary which is demonstrable with relevant experience, plus excellent company benefits including life assurance, pension contribution and more!
If the above role sounds perfect for you, or you require more information, please click apply
GMP Recruitment are recruiting for this role on behalf of their client and are acting as a Recruitment Agency