GMP Recruitment are proud to be partnered with one of the leading, privately owned, multi-service transport organisations in the UK. We are supporting their recruitment for an VMU Manager to join their award-winning team on a full time, permanent basis, located in Tipton.
This is a Monday – Friday, 48 hour working week. The company have the flexibility to allow the successful candidate to work hours that are best suited to them, so log as the hours suit the business and the workload.
The successful candidate for this position will be able to demonstrate 5+ Years’ previous Workshop management experience gained within the HGV Sector and be a fully qualified HGV Mechanic with City & Guilds / NVQ with the ability to undertake all aspects of commercial vehicle maintenance and repair.
HGV/Class 1 Licence is preferred.
VMU Manager main duties:
- To ensure the safety and road worthiness of vehicles and availability - To be responsible for all workshop activities, ensuring productivity and performance targets are met and take effective action where they are not.
- You will deliver the highest standard of operational services within a safety-first culture.
- You will have financial responsibility; demonstrate value for money and operational efficiency through continuous improvement.
- To realise full commercial opportunity and maximise profitability as well as reviewing technology to streamline processes and remove waste.
- You will liaise with and monitoring the performance of contractors in line with agreed costs, requirements, quality of work and processes.
- Manage MOT testing & compliance facility to the required standards and continually review work methods to deliver a quality and effective service and maintain adequate stock levels.
- You will be responsible for the evaluation of breakdowns, road calls, vehicle recovery, call out arrangements and implement appropriate action, ensuring 24/7 cover.
- Manage the fleet operations, schedules, maintenance, repairs, and servicing, undertaking reviews so that we comply with our Operator Licence requirements.
- To ensure that all fleet documentation is kept up to date, completed within the required timescales, and that data is entered accurately into the required IT systems.
VMU Manager desired skills and experience:
- 5+ Years’ previous Workshop management experience gained within the HGV Sector
- Be a fully qualified HGV Mechanic with City & Guilds / NVQ and be able to undertake all aspects of commercial vehicle maintenance and repair
- Ability to proficiently use MS Office suite
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Full UK Driving License
- A national CPC and HGV license would be advantageous
For all the above, the successful HGV Workshop Manager can expect a basic salary of £50,000 plus additional company benefits including pension contribution, work mobile, private healthcare and more.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a highly successful organisation that invests in its people and can offer great career development and ongoing personal development for its staff.
If the above position sounds perfect for you, or you require more information, please click apply or contact GMP Recruitment directly.
GMP Recruitment are recruiting for this role on behalf of their client and are acting as a Recruitment Agency.