GMP Recruitment are proud to be in partnership with a highly recognisable, leading manufacturer located in Droitwich. We are currently recruiting on their behalf for a Heat Treatment Operator to join their team on a full-time, permanent, contract.
Our client manufactures high-precision alloy components supplying to the aerospace and defence sectors and have seen substantial growth in the last few years.
This position can offer both day shifts and nights, please only apply if you can commit to the shift patterns.
The shifts are as follows:
Week 1 – Monday – Friday, 05:45am – 13:45pm
Week 2 – Monday – Friday, 14:00pm – 22:00pm
Sunday – Thursday, 22:00pm – 06:00am
The main purpose of the position will be to operate within the heat treatment process to ensure an efficient and safe environment. The operator will be integral to ensuring the processes within the area are completed to plan and to SOPs.
Heat Treatment Operator Main Duties:
- Ability to programme heat treatment cycles on the vacuum furnaces
- Carry out system accuracy tests (SAT) on each furnace when required
- Carry out ‘Bake Out’ cycles and leak rate tests and assist with thermal uniformity surveys
- Ensure that all elements of the preparation process adhere to the “Loading Standards”
- Monitor Cycle on all Furnaces and record on trend that all within Specification and react to alarms to ensure cycle within correct parameters and rectify
- Responsible to self-check that all the above is done to the latest available standards and requirement
- Pro-actively feed back all observations on trends, issues, or potential issues to the Heat Treatment Process Owner
- Take on all additional check or similar requirements stipulated by the Process Owner for problem solving and continuous learning
- Carry out required calculations on Production pack to ensure customer specifications are correct
- Monitor Thermocouple usage – to ensure that they used correctly eg Not used more than agreed times and at correct temperature
- Complete all administration to required standards
- Work to PTI and SOP
- Carry out daily TPM
- Comply with and support the EHS polices, processes and programmes whilst ensuring EHS training is adhered to.
Heat Treatment Operator Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience in a high precision manufacturing environment with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Experience working with NADCAP accredited manufacturing processes
- Experience working with heat treatment processes
- Basic understanding of investment casting and specifically heat treatment processes
- A good general level of fitness is required due to partial heavy lifting
- A good level of vision (with the aid of contact lenses or glasses if needed) is required.
- Capable of standing for long periods of time.
The hourly rate for this position will be £12.09 to begin with. Once fully qualified, the hourly rate will increase to £13.90, plus appropriate shift allowance to depending on the shift.
If the above role sounds perfect for you, or you require more information, please click apply.
GMP Recruitment are recruiting for this role on behalf of their client and are acting as a Recruitment Agency.