GMP Recruitment are proud to be in partnership with a highly recognisable, leading manufacturer located in Worcester. We are currently recruiting on their behalf for a Financial Controller to join their team on a permanent, full-time contract.
The ideal candidate for this role will be responsible for all financial areas of the business in order to help deliver profitable growth. You will also be reporting to the Managing Director, giving an accurate rundown of the financial situation within the business. You may also be required to get involved in some HR duties as well.
Financial Controller main duties:
- Overseeing the recording of daily business transactions, management of cash flow, the preparation of annual financial plans and budgets, accurate and timely monthly results reporting and monitoring against budget.
- Constant review of all corporate systems to ensure they deliver accurate, timely and relevant information for managing the business.
- Day to day management of the company bookkeeper. Regular interfacing with internal personnel, to include Sales, Production and Purchasing to maximise sales and profitability, and external personnel to include Auditors and Banking.
- To ensure the business complies with current Government legislation and regulations.
- Making projects as and when required that includes an overhaul of the company job costing system.
Financial Controller desired skills and experience:
- Must be numerically competent
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified and several years of experience in a business environment, ideally with an SME.
- Manufacturing experience will be an advantage.
- Experience with Sage Accounting and payroll essential.
- Previous experience in a financial role
- Excellent IT skills, to include all Office products but specifically Excel, and Word.
- Logical with the ability to remain calm under pressure
This is a part-time position working Monday – Friday up to 40 hours a week.
For all the above you will be rewarded with a basic salary between £50,000, plus additional company benefits.
This is a new role and is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to implement new, robust systems and measures that will be fit for purpose as the company enjoys significant growth over the next few years and be a key part of the senior management team.
If the above role sounds perfect for you, or you require more information, please click apply.
GMP Recruitment are recruiting for this role on behalf of their client and are acting as a Recruitment Agency.