GMP Recruitment are proud to be partnered with one of the leading, privately owned, multi-service transport organisations in the UK. We are supporting their recruitment for a Facilities & Maintenance Manager to join their award-winning team on a full time, permanent basis, located in Tipton.
This is a Monday – Friday, 48 hour working week. The company have the flexibility to allow the successful candidate to work hours that are best suited to them, so log as the hours suit the business and the workload.
As Facilities & Maintenance Manager, you will be responsible for two critical areas within the business. Firstly, it will be to oversee the various Projects and Continuous Improvement projects - this will include managing timescales, allocating contractor/engineers, arranging external contractors, and managing budgets. Additionally, as Facilities & Maintenance Manager, you will also be responsible for managing all maintenance functions across the network, including both reactive and planned preventative maintenance, including delegating work to contractors.
To be considered for this position you must demonstrate previous experience working within the transport and logistics sector or facilities manager level and strong technical knowledge in maintenance and facilities management.
Facilities & Maintenance Manager main duties:
- In this role you will be conducting routine inspections and audits of premises and equipment
- Contract and vendor negotiation
- Maintain necessary compliance paperwork, risk assessments, audits, and certificates to ensure the building is legally compliant and follow best practice.
- Expected to be proactive in continual site/building improvement.
- Contracts management enabling full-service delivery.
- Ensure legal compliance is maintained for all services and facilities.
Facilities & Maintenance Manager desired skills and experience:
- Previous experience working within the transport and logistics sector or facilities manager level
- Previous experience of managing a maintenance function
- Good technical knowledge in maintenance and facilities management or equivalent experience.
- Experience of delivering responsive and planned maintenance services, including the effective management of maintenance contractors.
- At least 3 years' experience working in the transport & logistics sector in a property services role.
- Good communication skills and excellent organisational skills
- Be self-motivated, to work unsupervised and work as part of a team.
For all the above, the successful Facilities & Maintenance Manager can expect a basic salary of up to £50,000 plus additional company benefits including use of company car, laptop and phone, private healthcare and more.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a highly successful organisation that invests in its people and can offer great career development and ongoing personal development for its staff.
If the above position sounds perfect for you, or you require more information, please click apply or contact GMP Recruitment directly.
GMP Recruitment are recruiting for this role on behalf of their client and are acting as a Recruitment Agency.