GMP Recruitment are proud to be partnered with a hugely successful, recycling company located in Northampton. We are recruiting on their behalf for an Engineering Team Supervisor to join their team on a full time, permanent contract.
We are looking for multi skilled professional who with both proactive and reactive skills. Ideally, you will come from a demanding plant maintenance background, but we will look at people from a manufacturing background in a continuous process industry or something similar.
This is a Monday – Friday position but you may be required to be available out of these hours for issues that may arise.
Our client is a 24/7 operation and continually growing – so this is a great chance for you to make your mark on the business.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate previous Supervisory or Team Leader experience within an Electrical and Mechanical Maintenance role and be confident in organising engineering labour, resources and workshop and project planning on PPM systems, spares and inventory.
Engineering Team Supervisor main duties:
- Managing and establishing a relatively new production site
- Building on an existing maintenance team to provide excellent continued performance of equipment, overseeing work and ensuring an efficient, safe and enjoyable work place
- Responsible for repair and upkeep of the Company’s site including all equipment and machinery – enforcing your team around you to have the same moral ethos
- Pro-actively lead and motivate the team of Maintenance Engineers to ensure excellent standards of maintenance and preventative maintenance
- Cost effectively plan, implement, manage and take responsibility for the responsive and planned maintenance of machinery.
Engineering Team Supervisor desired skills and experience:
- Engineer, possibly with a minimum bachelor degree, importantly with consolidated technological knowledge as an electrical / electronic engineer
- Proven leadership with the ability to build and motivate your team
- Ability to be flexible with hours if needed
- Experience in similar position
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a highly-organised approach
- Programming of PLC’s e.g. Step7
- Creation and revision of wiring diagrams e.g. EPLAN
- Well-grounded knowledge MS office, especially Excel
For all the above you will be rewarded with a basic salary of £40K which is commensurate with experience, plus additional company benefits.
This position has the ability to progress quickly and an immediate start is available for the successful candidate that can demonstrate all the above requirements.
If the above position sounds perfect for you, or you require more information, please click apply or contact GMP Recruitment directly.
GMP Recruitment are recruiting for this role on behalf of their client and are acting as a Recruitment Agency.