GMP Recruitment are proud to be in partnership with a highly recognisable, leading manufacturer located in Droitwich. We are currently recruiting on their behalf for someone to join their team as an Electronic Development Engineer on a full time, permanent contract.
Our client is a world leader in the manufacturing of quality control instrumentation, sensors and automated gauges. They are currently going through a substantial period of growth and are looking to take someone on, immediately.
It is preferred that the successful candidate can demonstrate experience in an automotive / aerospace / industrial setting – ideally product development involving electronics based products, perhaps using embedded SW.
The ideal candidate will be able to successfully develop new products in accordance with Product Strategy. You will also be able to develop existing products to meet the changing needs of our customers and maximise commercial success.
This is a great opportunity to join a highly successful business that is a leader in the field of work that they produce.
Electronic Development Engineer main duties:
- To deliver technical projects and product developments
- Identify new and existing technologies which may enable product developments
- Work with the Technical Director and Product Mangers to deliver product strategy
- To maintain products and drive improvements to achieve high levels of robustness and customer satisfaction
- To generate technical documentation to required standards; this includes the review of documentation generated by the team
- To ensure all product designs meet appropriate standards; this includes the review of design work by the team
- To ensure compliance and understanding within the team of the company’s health and safety policy undertaking risk assessments of key activities
- To mentor members of the team in all aspects of product development
Electronic Development Engineer desired skills and experience:
- Background in an automotive / aerospace / industrial setting – ideally product development involving electronics based products, perhaps using embedded SW.
- Excellent technical skills across a range of engineering disciplines – in particular of electronics/physics/maths
- Experience in optical systems would be an asset
- Knowledge/experience of metrology, including measurement methodology, techniques and standards
- Keen to engage and collaborate with suppliers, colleagues and customers – internal and external
- Ability to communicate ideas verbally and in writing to a high standard
- Ability to generate documentation meets the highest standard and ideas are grounded on sound scientific/mathematical principles
- Willing to undertake wide range of activities ranging from theoretical development to trialling products on customer sites
This position operates on a standard weekly shift pattern of Monday – Friday, 08:30am – 17:00pm.
For all the above requirements the successful Electronic Development Engineer will receive an annual salary up to £45,000, plus additional company benefits.
AN IMMEDIATE START IS AVAILABLE FOR SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE.
If the above role sounds perfect for you, or you require more information, please click apply.
GMP Recruitment are recruiting for this role on behalf of their client and are acting as a Recruitment Agency.