GMP Recruitment are proud to be partnered with a hugely successful housing group located in Kidderminster. We are recruiting on their behalf for an Electrician to work specifically within voids and modernisations within their housing stock, on a full time, permanent contract.
This permanent position is working 37.5 hours a week, Monday – Friday 08:00am – 16:00pm.
You will focus on Kitchens and Bathrooms with work carried out to the highest possible standard consistent with the contract specifications and conditions.
Our client is a highly recognisable and hugely successful commercial services provider within housing repairs, so the successful candidate will have access to continuous and stable work within a varied environment.
The ideal candidate for this role will be a time serviced Electrician, or an apprentice Electrician with 2 years’ relevant experience either as an installation Electrician or Maintenance Electrician and you MUST possess a City and Guilds Parts 1 & 2 Electrical qualifications (or an NVQ 3 equivalent), City & Guilds 2382 (18th edition) or equivalent and a full UK driving licence.
Electrician main duties:
- Installation and maintenance of alarm systems and smoke detectors.
- Installation and maintenance of public lighting.
- Installation and repair to domestic electrical circuits.
- Earth bonding to properties.
- Replacement of immersion heaters.
- Installation/maintenance of electric fires and storage heaters.
- Installation/maintenance of electrical cookers.
- Replacement of fluorescent tubes and bulbs.
- Installation of window and wall mounted extractor fans.
- Electrical safety check of domestic properties including the completion of test certificates.
- Working in confined spaces.
- Use of power tools including drills, angle grinders, cutters, etc.
- Excavation of trenches and laying new power cables.
Electrician desired skills and experience:
- You will have experience in electrical installations within properties
- Electrical maintenance
- Electrical testing and inspection
- You must be fully qualified City and Guilds Parts 1 & 2 Electrical qualifications (or an NVQ 3 equivalent), City & Guilds 2382 (18th edition) or equivalent
If you feel that you can meet the above criteria and can demonstrate that you are a self-motivated team worker, we would love to hear from you.
This position has the ability to offer an immediate start for the successful candidate.
You will be offered a salary of £32,000 plus a company van and uniform and additional company benefits including pension contribution.