Are you an enthusiastic and reliable Controls Engineer looking for a new, permanent job opportunity?
GMP Recruitment are recruiting on behalf of our client in Hartlebury, Worcestershire, for a Controls Engineer to join their ever-growing and highly successful business.
This is a full time, permanent position that can offer job stability, security and career development. The role will involve short periods of work at client facilities dependent upon project requirements and the needs of the client.
Our client is a lead turnkey solutions provider, with a talented team of innovative engineers covering all disciplines, providing world-class, bespoke solutions to their extensive client base. They are currently going through an exciting period of substantial growth so there has never been a better time to join!
The ideal candidate for this position will be someone who has experience in designing and commissioning production machinery. A strong maintenance background is advantageous, but you will be expected to have experience in completing systems and have expert knowledge of component parts including motors, drives and encoders.
Automotive, food & beverage, warehousing/factories are good areas to have worked in. If you have experience with robots we would be eager to hear from you.
Controls Engineer main duties:
- Extracting & interpreting customer requirements
- Contributing to system-level design specifications
- Contributing to external & internal design reviews
- Design, program and build of electrical control systems
- All aspects of PLC software development and electrical hardware design activities
- Leading system integration, test and validation
- Documentation for system operation & maintenance
Controls Engineer desired skills and experience
- At least 5 years experience in the design of controls for bespoke, automated, systems.
- Expert knowledge of component parts including motors, drives, encoders etc.
- Working familiarity with at least one major PLC, e.g. Siemens or Allen Bradley
- The ability to interpret customer specifications & evaluate customer products & designs.
- The ability to produce robust, innovative and re-usable solutions.
- Familiarity with Machinery safety directive, PUWER, CE Marking.
- Familiarity with ISO 9001 Quality Systems and procedures.
- The ability to take a leading role as an integral part of a multidisciplinary team.
This role is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate who, in turn, would receive a highly competitive basic salary of £40-45K, which is demonstrable with experience, company pension, 25 days holiday and death in service.
Our client offers a fantastic work environment and a great team ethos where the ambition is driven by the universal enthusiasm of the team.
If you would like more information, or would like to apply, please click apply and one of our team will be in touch promptly.
GMP Recruitment are recruiting for this role on behalf of their client and are acting as a Recruitment Agency.