Are you a newly qualified Compliance Officer looking for a step into a supportive and professional environment?
Are you NEBOSH qualified or, working towards this qualification with the hope of securing a position focussing on Compliance and Health and Safety?
Are you confident in dealing with various departments of a large and busy organisation, taking responsibility for Health, Safety, Quality, Environmental and other compliance matters?
GMP Recruitment are recruiting on behalf of our client located near Kidderminster for a highly motivated and driven Compliance Officer to join its busy Group Compliance Department, om a full time, permanent contract.
Our client is a well-known UK Manufacturer that can offer great career progression opportunities and a stable and secure working environment. This is a really exciting opportunity for somebody has a passion for increasing the usage of technology to monitor and document compliance procedures.
Compliance Officer main duties:
- Working along the other site Compliance officer, the candidate will be the first point of contact and responsible for the day-to-day responsibility for ensuring the site meets the Group compliance KPIs, objectives and legal obligations.
- The successful candidate will be proactive, confident and sociable allowing you to develop strong relationships with key stakeholders at site to actively influence a positive Compliance culture.
- Design and deliver various training, safety briefs and toolbox talks.
- Completing effective accident & incident investigations as well as undertaking regular spot checks and various audits.
- Conducting and reviewing risk assessments and method statements
- Producing/presenting various reports and other forms of statistical analysis of collected safety data.
- Being responsible for various duties relating to Group’s Occupational Health program
- Chair the various site SHEQ meetings where required.
- Support the site in achieving its FSC accreditation and waste management.
- Support Team functions in other areas of compliance responsibility at other sites where needed.
Compliance Officer desired skills and experience:
- The ideal candidate with have received a NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent, or be working towards this. (The qualification would be something our client can consider supporting you with, providing you have the hunger and attitude to develop further!)
- You will have a friendly and approachable personality as well as having the ability to inspire, influence, and to lead by example to inspire colleagues to achieve higher standards whilst supporting and developing a strong team spirit and positive compliance culture.
- You must be a strong communicator who is able to communicate and persuade effectively with all levels throughout the business, and must then lead by example to inspire improved compliance performance amongst your colleagues.
- A sound level of I.T skills is preferable due to nature of the role, as is experience of running training.
- Whilst the company does provide training and a chance to broaden compliance skills, due to upcoming compliance projects, e.g. ISO 9001/14001/45001, experience of working to these accreditations or similar is preferable.
In return for all the above you will be rewarded a highly competitive basic salary up to £28,000 which is pending experience, plus excellent fringe benefits and training and development opportunities.
If the above role sounds perfect for you, please click apply.
For more information contact GMP Recruitment directly.
GMP Recruitment are recruiting for this role on behalf of their client and are acting as a Recruitment Agency.