GMP Recruitment are proud to be in partnership with a highly recognisable, leading manufacturer located in Bristol. We are currently recruiting on their behalf for a number of people to join their team as a CNC Miller and/or CNC Setter Operator on a full time, permanent, contract.
Our client is a world leader in the manufacturing of metallic components and products. They are currently going through a substantial period of growth and are looking to take someone on, immediately.
The CNC Miller/CNC Setter Operator will assist the Manufacturing Group Leaders in the manufacturing of parts through the production process, ensuring planned times for setting and manufacturing are met or improved; and high quality parts produced within required performance, cost and delivery targets.
This is a great opportunity to join a highly successful business that is a leader in the field of work that they produce.
CNC Miller/Setter Operator main duties:
- Involvement and attendance at SQDCP meetings in assigned area/s
- Ensuring Delivery Schedule Adherence of parts to system / route card dates
- Ensuring performance of part production to planned set and run times and Quality requirements
- Communicating Not right first time (NRFT) within assigned areas
- Ensuring Health and Safety processes are adhered to including wearing of relevant PPE
- Recording and assisting the Manufacturing Group Leader in improving the 5S organisation of the assigned Team areas and personal responsibility of machines being operated
- Responsible for ensuring work is completed on time in full to process routing / system date requirements
- Responsible for attending and participating in progress meetings as required
- Responsible for ensuring correct materials, Route Cards, drawing are used to produce components
- Setting up tools, offsets etc ready for your own operation to commence and assist Operators where appropriate
CNC Miller/Setter Operator desired skills and experience:
- Indentured Apprenticeship in a Mechanical Engineering biased subject.
- Level 2, 3 NVQ or ONC / HNC / HND in a Mechanical Engineering biased subject would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of CMM programming
- Heidenhain experience
- 3&4 axis experience
- 5 axis would be an advantage
- Strong understanding and ability to use Fanuc controls for Lathes and Heidenhain for Mill’s
- Strong understanding and ability to set up tools & Offsets ready to run
- A working knowledge of manufacturing techniques and Engineering drawings essential
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- An awareness of good health and safety practices.
- Full driving license
The standard working hours for this position will be Monday - Thursday 07:30am – 16:00pm with an earlier finish on a Friday at 12:30pm.
For all the above requirements the successful CNC Miller/Setter Operator will receive an hourly rate of up to £14, dependant on experience, plus additional company benefits.
AN IMMEDIATE START IS AVAILABLE FOR SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE.
If the above role sounds perfect for you, or you require more information, please click apply.
GMP Recruitment are recruiting for this role on behalf of their client and are acting as a Recruitment Agency.