GMP Recruitment are proud to be partnered with a hugely successful and highly recognised leading international manufacturer that specialise in aerospace and defense. We are currently supporting their recruitment for a permanent Buyer to join their Supply Chain and Logistics department, located in Droitwich.
This is a Monday – Friday position, working 37.5 hours per week, onsite.
Reporting to the Supply Chin and Logistics Manager as Buyer you will be responsible for supporting the continuing development of the supply chain function and facilitate procurement activities to achieve the company’s growth plan, with a specific focus on supplier relationship management and compliance. You will also support the quality and technical team with reviewing and maintaining supplier quality records to company policy standards.
To be considered for this position you must be able to demonstrate at least 5 years experience in a procurement role, gained in a manufacturing environment – Ideally within the casting, aerospace, IGT, power generation or energy sector and have a CIPS Level 3 – Advanced Certificate or be working towards
Buyer main duties:
- Support and continuously improve the purchasing structure to meet and exceed the business requirements to deliver supply chain excellence in line with business growth plans
- Source materials, goods, and services swiftly, ethically, and economically.
- Work closely with suppliers, promoting good working relationships through effective communication
- Deploy and uphold purchasing processes and practices that adhere to all regulatory, quality and company policy requirements .
- Focus on achieving supplier relationship management objectives and report on local metrics, particularly concentrating on supplier compliance
- Work closely with quality and technical department to review and support compliance documents
- Assist in conducting and support internal purchasing audits in collaboration with quality assurance
- Support with external supplier audits including liaising with suppliers to arrange said audits and follow ups.
Buyer desired skills and experience:
- 5+ years’ experience in a procurement environment gained in a manufacturing environment ideally withing a casting, aerospace, IGT, power generation or energy sector
- Good business/commercial acumen
- Experience of using MRP/ERP systems and MS office suite including intermediate level of excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication including the ability to deal with all levels of stakeholders, both internally and externally
- Supplier compliance policies
- Awareness of logistics and warehousing functions
- Import and export experience and/or awareness
This position can offer an immediate start for the successful candidate.
For all the above requirements you can expect to receive a salary up to £38,000 which is demonstrable with experienced, plus excellent additional company benefits.
If the above role sounds perfect for you, please click apply.
GMP Recruitment are recruiting for this role on behalf of their client and are acting as a Recruitment Agency.