Are you an experienced Business Development Manager within the Life Science industry?
GMP Recruitment are proud to be partnered with a highly successful, national component distributor within the automation industry.
They are currently looking to recruit a Life Science Business Development Manager to join their team on a full time, permanent contract, to expand company’s product reach and profit revenues by identifying new market opportunities, new customers and business within Life Science Industry sector.
This is a field based/remote working position covering Central and South East England.
Our client’s main UK base is in Milton Keynes where they occupy a purpose-built production, logistics and administration facility. Our client is proud to be a worldwide leading company supporting automation through the most advanced pneumatic and electric technologies.
Our client has a significant amount of products already suitable for the Life Science sector, so the ideal candidate will demonstrate experience of being involved with technology, services, or solutions to companies within the Life Science Industry.
This is a field based/remote working position.
The ideal candidate for this role will be an experienced sales and business development professional with previous demonstrable knowledge in life science, automation, bespoke components or technical products.
Life Science Business Development Manager main duties:
- With the assistance of the Industries Development Manager, Action Plan the target market in accordance with the company’s sales policies and the BDM’s personal targets:
- Understand the target market structure, its leading companies, competition, technology needs, supply chains, processes and trends.
- Create and maintain a 5-year sales plan, validating market forecasts using independent sector forecasts, customer forecasts and other market indicators. Review actual market performances against forecasts.
- Identify the leading OEM accounts for the target market applying the corporations #1 Strategy take ownership in the production, maintenance and implementation of Action Plans for the top 10 within each industry sub segment.
- Ensure sufficient sales resource is allocated to each OEM to achieve goals of sole/preferred supplier.
- Work closely with BDM for Investments and their team to ensure that you are targeting the leading End-users within target market.
- Assist as required to support BDC/SC to achieve goal of sole/preferred supplier across groups.
- Support the salesforce by undertaking regular joint visits to targeted industry accounts and as required to accounts requiring Industry specific product/application knowledge to develop Industry sales.
Life Science Business Development Manager desired skills and experience:
- Leadership experience within a strategic role
- Ideally already be involved with technology, services, or solutions to companies within the Life Science Industry
- Experienced in Business Development and uncovering new business opportunities.
- Demonstrable experience increasing sales through business development and ideally with a network of relationships within the medical device and pharmaceutical industries
- Establishing a business development plan that aligns with company goals.
- Excellent relationship builder, with skills to work with both existing with new business strategic key customers.
This is a full time, permanent position where you will be working on the road and from home.
If you can demonstrate all the above you can expect a highly competitive basic salary of £60,000 plus, which is pending experience, plus OTE, company car, work phone and laptop and fantastic fringe benefits including health insurance, pension contribution, gym membership and retail discounts.
If this Life Science Business Development Manager role sounds perfect for you, or you require more information, please click apply or contact GMP Recruitment directly.
GMP Recruitment are recruiting for this role on behalf of their client and are acting as a Recruitment Agency.