GMP Recruitment are proud to be in partnership with a highly recognisable, leading manufacturer located in Kidderminster. We are currently recruiting on their behalf for someone to join their team as an Assembler on a full time, permanent, contract.
Our client is one of the world's leading manufacturers and distributors of machinery protection systems. They are currently going through a substantial period of growth and are looking to take someone on, immediately.
The ideal candidate for this role will be able to carry out skilled and technical activity across a range of manufacturing Production operations. You will also produce quality products in line with production schedules.
This is a great opportunity to join a highly successful business that is a leader in the field of work that they produce.
Assembler main duties:
- Complete all skilled work required for approved Competencies from skill matrix at the required quality
- To utilise materials and time efficiently.
- Responsible for checking quality of own work to the required standard
- Maintain Health & Safety and good housekeeping (Must wear appropriate PPE).
- Maintain tooling, equipment and work environment to working standards.
- Follow standard ops and company procedures for manufacturing activities and information control
- Support production improvement activity to improve manufacturing efficiency
- Assist within the Company as and when required.
- In emergency take appropriate action and notify Production Leader.
Assembler desired skills and experience:
- 2-3 years experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Understanding of Business Improvement Techniques, 5S, and Lean desirable
- Ability to read and interpret drawings
- Experience in Factory environment desirable.
- Apprentice served in engineering, acquiring City & Guilds or equivalent desirable.
This is a Monday – Friday position. Monday – Thursday will be 08:00am – 17:00pm and there will be an earlier finish on a Friday of 12:45pm. There is overtime available as well.
For all the above requirements the successful Assembler will receive an hourly rate of £8.91, plus additional company benefits.
AN IMMEDIATE START IS AVAILABLE FOR SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE.
If the above role sounds perfect for you, or you require more information, please click apply.
GMP Recruitment are recruiting for this role on behalf of their client and are acting as a Recruitment Agency.