GMP Recruitment are recruiting on behalf of our client in Hardwicke Gloucestershire for an Accounts Assistant to provide much needed support to a busy manufacturing, supporting the accounts team with day to day operations, on a full time, temporary 3 month assignment.
Our client is a highly recognisable and hugely successful law firm that offers a full range of legal services for both individuals and businesses.
The successful candidate will possess exceptional organisational and time management skills, and previous experience working accounts environment. Ideally you will demonstrate experience in maintaining daily worksheets and general ledger system, maintain and complete files and records as needed, assist with accounts payable and receivable duties, and provide general administrative support to the extended accounts team and management.
Accounts Assistant main duties:
- Assisting with the invoice distribution procedure
- Making amendments to time entries, adding entries, transferring entries and making write-offs;
- Finalising daily disbursements and expenses using the firms system (Training on in-house system will be provided)
- Banking on an ad hoc basis
- Creating and distributing payment requests
- Raising credit notes as required
- Ensuring billing profiles are kept up to date and all necessary monthly checks are undertaken with any issues identified being rectified before month end.
- Confirming supplier details including bank details by telephone
- Generating ad hoc billing guides as requested
Accounts Assistant desired skills and experience:
- Previous experience of working as part of an accounts team
- A strong understanding of general accounting functions i.e. invoices, credit notes, payment advice, banking, transfers
- Strong Excel/Data Inputting skills
- To be a proactive and driven individual
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and strong attention to detail.
Applicants with experience and familiarity in a similar role/industry are strongly encouraged to apply.
Legal experience not essential.
This position has the ability for an immediate start for the successful candidate.
Hourly payrate of £9.50 to £10.00ph DOE
If the above role sounds perfect for you, or you require more information, please click apply
GMP Recruitment are recruiting for this role on behalf of their client and are acting as a Recruitment Agency.