Are you an experienced Welder with significant experience, within a metal fabrication and assembly environment?
Do you have experience of working with international regulatory standards; ISO 9001, 3834, and EN 15085, or equivalent?
GMP Recruitment are recruiting on behalf of a well-established manufacturing company, based in Pershore and we are looking for a Welding Coordinator Supervisor to join their team on a full-time, permanent, contract.
Our client specialises in metal and are a current lead in the metalwork business. They have had a fantastic growth and are now looking to extend their senior team.
In this role you will have a responsibility under the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 to take reasonable care of yourself and other persons that may be affected by your acts or omissions at work, secure the health, safety and welfare of your staff at work and protect, so far as is reasonable practicable, all others against risks to their health or safety arising from your work activities and those of their staff and ensure that your duties are discharged adequately.
Welding Coordinator Supervisor main duties:
- Ensures compliance with Business Management Systems (ISO 9001, 3834, and EN 15085), including all other standards and specification where mandated / required
- Performs daily / routinely scheduled safety, environmental (5s), and compliancy patrol inspections, ensuring appropriate measures are applied within the Welding and Production areas
- Ensures product information is correctly detailed within the Route Card and appropriate drawing(s)
- Actively works with the RWC, ensuring WPS’s, WPQR’s, and essential documentation is maintained and available to weld personnel
- Develops and maintain performance tracking documents, ensuring KPI’s are being reviewed daily
- Supports the Production Manager, to maintain quality requirements, and data reporting
- Maintains and reviews Weld personnel competency matrices to ensure appropriate skill sets and competencies are readily available and appropriately deployed
- Supports appropriate allocation of qualified welding personnel for the specific tasks
- Supports welding personnel with preparation for complex tasks
- Facilitates improvement through the appropriate Continual Improvement programme(s), applying industry tools; Kaizen, LEAN, 5S, etc., through team participation
- Monitors appropriate maintenance of plant and equipment, tools, and general housekeeping
- Coordinates / performs ‘Pre, Interim, and Post’ weld inspection and testing of parts and assemblies, prior to presenting to Quality Control
Welding Coordinator Supervisor desired skills and experience:
- Significant experience, within a metal fabrication and assembly environment
- Current experience of working with international regulatory standards; ISO 9001, 3834, and EN 15085, or equivalent
- Held a similar position and relevant industry experience within an engineering environment
- Effectively leading, managing, and development of personnel / teams
- Working independently, decisively, applying strong judgement, and effective problem solving
- Application of numerical and IT skills, and proficient with the use of Microsoft Windows packages
- Strong commercial acumen and a proven track record in operating at a strategic level
- Prioritise and perform duties to meet with the business demands and requirements, whilst under minimum supervision
- Quality aware and experience of working within a customer focused environment
This position will be operating on a Monday – Friday, 07:45am - 17:00pm. There will also be an earlier finish on a Friday of 13:00pm.
For all of the above our client will be offering an annual salary of up to £31,200, plus additional company benefits.
AN IMMEDIATE START IS AVAILABLE FOR SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE.
If the above role sounds perfect for you, or you require more information, please click apply.
GMP Recruitment are recruiting for this role on behalf of their client and are acting as a Recruitment Agency.