GMP Recruitment are proud to be partnered with a vastly successful Birmingham based manufacturer, consolidator and innovator that supplies to Retail, Leisure, Food Service and Hospitality market sectors, as well as a range of major UK and European retailers.
We are supporting their recruitment for a Warehouse Picking Supervisor to join their distribution centre in Birmingham, on a full-time permanent contract.
The hours for this position are Monday – Friday 21:30pm - 06:00am. Please only apply if you can commit to these hours on a permanent contract.
As Warehouse Picking Supervisor you will ensure shift picking targets are met by both the Shift Pick Team as a whole, as well as by individual operatives and that this is completed in a timely, accurate, safe, and tidy manner.
The ideal candidate for this position will be able to demonstrate experience in a similar warehouse led role and have strong people management skills and FLT experience.
Our client supports and champions career progression and there are opportunities for future promotions and direction.
Warehouse Picking Supervisor main duties:
- Support the planning, co-ordination, and physical picking of goods, in a timely and efficient manner to achieve your team objectives in line with Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), as determined by the Warehouse Management Team.
- Ensure the picking of goods is conducted correctly and accurately and errors/non-conformance are tracked, actioned, and eradicated.
- Champion the training & development along with the health, safety & welfare of your team.
- Ensure exemplary hygiene standards are maintained across your area of responsibility.
- Work closely with the Stock Integrity team to assist in the accuracy of stock.
- Be responsible for ensuring that the quality of the product and customer service within the Warehouse is maintained at the highest possible standards.
- Ensure quality procedures and team quality targets are strictly adhered to.
- Ensure the various processes, procedures and general duties which are laid out for the area are followed and that your team take ownership and complies with all related company processes and procedures.
- Supporting the management team in improving all matters relating to HSE, BRC and Ethical Audits.
- Assist in the investigation of accident and near miss investigations, obtaining statements and photographic evidence where necessary and generating action plans as appropriate within agreed timescales.
- Support the out of hours requirements of opening & closing of the warehouse, if needed.
Warehouse Picking Supervisor desired skills and experience:
- Strong people management skills
- High level of interpersonal skills
- Excellent planning, organising and prioritising skills.
- Ability to use initiative and make decisions.
- Ability to implement, and ensure compliance with, company policies & procedures.
- Customer focused.
- High level of honesty and integrity
- Forward thinking positive/ “Can do attitude”.
- Assertive personality
- Willingness to work overtime if and when needed. Technical / functional skills:
- FLT experience
- Accuracy and attention to detail are essential.
- PC skills essential and familiar with Microsoft Office applications such as Outlook, Word & Excel.
- Working knowledge of SAP/WMS and exposure to a pick operation using handheld devices would be an advantage
On offer for all the above is a salary up to £21,500, which is demonstrable with experience, alongside a night shift allowance and additional company benefits.
If the above position sounds perfect for you, or you require more information, please click apply or contact GMP Recruitment directly.
GMP Recruitment are recruiting for this role on behalf of their client and are acting as a Recruitment Agency.