GMP Recruitment are recruiting on behalf of our client located in Lydney, Gloucestershire for an experienced Warehouse Chargehand to join their ever growing and successful team on a full time, permanent contract.
Our client is a fast growing and highly successful manufacturing company that has gone through substantial growth in the last few years through hard work and great service.
As Warehouse Chargehand you will be engaged in high volume manufacturing of modular container units. You will direct the activities of the team members, scheduling their work to meet production requirements and interface with many departments to achieve the business objectives.
This challenging position places high premiums on effective teamwork, clear communication, intelligent judgement, and unwavering dedication to delivering product to the production line on time and in full so the ideal candidate for this position will be able to demonstrate experience in a similar, high volume production environment with strong team management skills.
Warehouse Chargehand main duties:
- You will allocate individual tasks to each member of the team and motivate and drive team members to continually achieve excellence in all aspects of their work.
- Monitor and record productivity and adherence to quality standards and ensure the team delivers all materials required on time and in full.
- You will ensure each member of the team has detailed training against an approved Standard Operating Procedures, ensuring they understand each operation along with the associated risks and confirm each team member clearly understands the quality requirements for each operation and the implications of error.
- As chargehand you are responsible for signing off all work completed within your section, recording all faults, rejected materials and managing problems within the stores area.
- You will contribute to health and safety of your team, continuous improvements for the business and department, maintenance and team training and motivation.
Warehouse Chargehand desired skills and experience:
- Previous experience in a similar senior or managerial role in a demanding production/manufacturing environment
- Able to optimize and prioritise resources to maximise productivity.
- Physically capable of performing all roles within the team.
- Able to participate in training sessions, presentations and team improvement meetings.
- Ability to read & interpret documents, reports, drawings i.e., safety rules, operating & maintenance instructions, manuals etc.
- Focus on OTIF
- Good communication skills.
- Lead by example.
- Quality driven, strive to be the quality champion.
This is a day position, Monday – Friday 40 hours a week paid at £15.28 per hour. Overtime is available at time and a half.
This Warehouse Chargehand position can offer an immediate start for the successful candidate, so do not miss out and apply today!
GMP Recruitment are recruiting for this role on behalf of their client and are acting as a Recruitment Agency.