GMP Recruitment are proud to be partnered with a highly recognisable, long standing, leading engineering and manufacturing company in Hereford. We are supporting their recruitment of a Test Department Manager to join their team on a full time, permanent contract.
Our client specialises in the design and manufacturing of large of heat transfer technology that is used predominantly within the food industry and more, with a focus on refrigeration, heat pump and waste heat recovery applications.
The successful candidate will manage a small team carrying out function testing of products manufactured by the company to ensure that customers receive high quality products. You will be actively involved in production work as well as carrying out the management duties.
The role is predominantly electrically biased but also requires some mechanical tasks to be carried out. It is preferred that candidates can demonstrate strong electrical knowledge, electrical and mechanical fault finding experience and ideally refrigeration systems knowledge to be considered.
Test Department Manager main duties:
- You will effectively control the test department ensuring products are built to the required company standards
- Ensure all work is completed in line with production plan assigned to area
- Train, monitor and identify any re-training following quality issues identified
- You will be technically capable to work on running refrigeration and heat transfer systems in line with business requirements
- Communicate all faults found, log design errors and ensure data is recorded and interpreted accurately
- You will assist the Technical Services department to provide technical and site support to customers if needed
- Ensure the department works in an efficient, effective and safe manner, adhering to all health and safety measures
Test Department Manager required skills and experience:
- Good level of electrical knowledge
- Good level of refrigeration systems knowledge
- Electrical & mechanical fault finding experience, including PLCs (Schneider / Siemens / RDM)
- Good leadership and man management skills
- Works well under pressure with strong problem solving skills
- Logical thinker, and able to break down a task into easily understood actions
- Analytical, solution oriented and customer focussed.
The working hours for this role are Monday – Friday 08:00am – 16:30pm however hours required to work may vary based on production plan and demand.
You will be offered a salary of up to £35,000 which is commensurate with relevant skills and experience noted above, plus additional company benefits.
If the above role sounds perfect for you, please apply now!
For more information contact GMP Recruitment Directly.
GMP Recruitment are recruiting for this role on behalf of their client and are acting as a Recruitment Agency.