GMP Recruitment are recruiting on behalf of our client in Gloucestershire for a SHE Officer to join a highly successful, rapidly expanding organisation.
Our client is a leading engineering firm with almost 100 years heritage who specialise in a wide range of markets including infrastructure, oil, and mining.
The ideal candidate for this role will possess experience in a similar position and at least 3 years’ experience of SHE management systems, allowing for an immediate positive contribution within this role. Ideally you will be NEBOSH qualified and passionate about continuous improvement.
SHE Officer duties:
- To support managers in achieving the aims of the organisation through the promotion of a safe and healthy working environment.
- Is accountable for safeguarding and promoting the improvement of the physical and mental health and social well-being of employees and non-employees.
- Is accountable for supporting timely investigation and resolution of all accidents and near misses
- Is accountable for identifying and organising some aspects of health and safety training.
- To create, develop and improve a culture of safe working practice that aims for zero accidents or near misses.
- Communicating all relevant SHE information clearly and in a timely fashion ensuring that information is available to key stakeholders and the workers affected.
- To co-ordinate, facilitate and contribute to the hands-on planning, implementation, performance measurement, performance review and system audits of SHE policies, systems, and arrangements.
- To pro-actively improve the provision of SHE by actively encouraging feedback and involving employees and non-employees in discussions and implementation of any changes.
- To collate and maintain statistics resulting from all leading and lagging indicators relevant to SHE arrangements.
- Support the business improvement objectives by participation within the improvement plan and associated objectives.
SHE Officer required skills and experience:
- Health & Safety training to NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent but hands-on knowledge and experience will be considered.
- IEMA qualification or experience of environmental management would be advantageous.
- Must be computer literate, particularly MS Office packages
This is a full time, permanent position, 37 hours per week Monday – Friday.
This role comes with a highly competitive salary up to 38K which is pending experience, plus excellent fringe benefits.
If the above role sounds perfect for you, please click apply.
For more information contact GMP Recruitment Directly.
GMP Recruitment are recruiting for this role on behalf of their client and are acting as a Recruitment Agency.