GMP Recruitment are proud to be partnered with a highly successful, specialist manufacturer who are the UK’s number one supplier within their industry, to the social housing sector.
We are recruiting on their behalf for a Senior Technical Manager to join their team on a full time, permanent contract located on the outskirts of Malvern, South Worcestershire.
As Senior Technical Manager you will have full responsibility for the planning and management of all required technical requirements aligned to both industry legislation and product requirement. You will provide new and existing products in line with the ability to manufacture all products in the most economic and efficient way possible, while at the same time liaising with, production and suppliers to assist in the resolution of product or manufacturing issues to ensure minimum cost to the business and lowest possibility of reoccurrence.
Ideal candidates will be able to demonstrate experience in a similar manufacturing environment that provide supplies to housing and social housing sectors.
Senior Technical Manager main duties:
- Manage projects to provide products with the ability to utilize Company PVC-U profile ranges to manufacture/assemble fenestration products to the required specification.
- Ensure all projects are delivered on time and within budget.
- Provide technical support to Company manufacturing operations regarding quality and product application.
- Provide overview and advice regarding product and equipment to in-house and external customers.
- Provide support to customers to resolve end user issues to ensure costs are mitigated to the business.
- Manage the day-to-day workload of the R&D workshop and testing facility.
- Champion required meetings and produce reports as required to provide information to the MD and Senior Management Team.
- Communicate effectively at all levels within the organization and build strong working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Development of staff using business PDR process and maintain levels of personal competence through CPD.
- Ensure compliance with all company policies, management procedures, systems of work and standard operating procedures.
- Ensure that Company HR procedures are followed within the scope of responsibility.
Senior Technical Manager desired skills and experience:
- High level of numeracy and literacy.
- Good ability with Microsoft software.
- High level of industry knowledge
- Formal engineering qualification.
- Good communication skills.
This is a full time, position, Monday – Friday and the successful candidate can expect to receive a highly competitive basic salary up to £48,000 as well as a company vehicle, fuel card and excellent fringe benefits.
If the above Senior Technical Manager role sounds perfect for you, please click apply.
For more information, please contact GMP Recruitment directly.
GMP Recruitment are recruiting for this role on behalf of their client and are acting as a Recruitment Agency.