GMP Recruitment are recruiting on behalf of our client located in Lydney, Gloucestershire for a Senior Maintenance Engineer to join their ever growing and successful team on a full time, permanent contract.
Our client is a fast growing and highly successful manufacturing company that has gone through substantial growth in the last few years through their hard work and reputation, so there has never been a better time to join the team!
This position is working Monday – Thursday 07:30am – 16:30pm and Friday 07:30am – 13:30pm Due to the nature of the role you may be required to work unsociable hours from time to time.
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU CAN COMMIT TO THIS.
As the Senior Maintenance Engineer, you will be supporting the manufacture of anti-theft containerised accommodation, dealing with machine breakdowns, PPM and highlighting where improvements can be made to ensure an efficient working environment.
Reporting directly to the Operations Manager, you will interface with all departments within the company. This challenging position places high premiums on safe working, effective teamwork, clear communication, initiative, intelligent judgment, cost analysis and ability to work out of hours.
The ideal candidate for this position will be a time served HNC educated Maintenance Engineer with PLC experience and working knowledge of pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
Senior Maintenance Engineer main duties:
- You will attend breakdowns of machines and where possible, get the plant fully operational in a safe, efficient and cost-effective manner
- Conduct PPM activities in accordance with PPM schedule to ensure that all plant can meet the production demand
- Work closely with the production team to identify plant & equipment improvements that would improve quality, reduce cost and/or reduce manufacturing lead time.
- Work with the Project Manager to assist in the installation, commissioning and sign off on new plant and equipment.
- Repair and maintain the site facilities when needed
- Where required, assist in the training of employees on new equipment or processes.
Senior Maintenance Engineer desired skills and experience:
- Previous experience in a Maintenance led role within a high-volume manufacturing environment
- Ideally educated to HNC level in Engineering/Maintenance
- 18th Edition certified.
- PLC experience
- Working knowledge of pneumatic & hydraulic systems and diagrams
- Experience of working with engineering drawings and projects
- Excellent organisational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Physically capable of performing all the manual roles associated with the maintenance role
- Able to participate in training sessions, presentations, team improvement meetings.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals and drawings
This position can offer an immediate start for the successful candidate.
For all the above requirements, you will be offered a highly competitive basic salary up to £33,800 plus additional company benefits.
If the above role sounds perfect for you, please click apply.
GMP Recruitment are recruiting for this role on behalf of their client and are acting as a Recruitment Agency.