GMP Recruitment are recruiting on behalf of our client in Evesham for a Purchasing Manager to join their ever growing and highly successful business, on a full time, permanent contract.
Our client is a lead manufacturer of agriculture machinery and they manufacture and service bespoke machinery on site, providing industry forward equipment and machinery for domestic and export markets.
The successful candidate for this role will be able to demonstrate experience in a similar purchasing led role. Industry experience would be desirable but not essential. You must be a hard negotiator, in order to secure the best prices, with an eye for quality and the ability to build great working relationships with suppliers.
This is a great opportunity to join a highly successful business that is going through and incredible period of growth.
Purchasing Manager main duties:
- Manage Inventory; liaise with the Warehouse Manager on stock control and goods in, ensuring concise stock controls and overseeing regular stock takes
- Create Budgets and forecasts and work towards monthly targets and KPIs
- Increase the use of existing software to improve stock control and traceability
- Visit and meet suppliers to build relationships, negotiate competitive pricing and ensure our needs are met as a customer
- Review purchasing practices to ensure our buying strategies are competitive as well as considerate of environmental concerns (waste reduction, etc.)
- Attending agricultural shows to assess the market, new technologies and build contacts
Purchasing Manager essential skills and experience
- Previous experience in a senior or management purchasing role (Industry experience is preferred but not essential)
- Strong negotiation skills
- Able to build strong working relationships with suppliers
- Good communicator and confident liaising with the warehouse, design and sales staff to ensure adequate supply of raw materials and parts
For all the above requirements the successful Purchasing Manager will be offered a competitive basic salary of £30,000 plus a performance driven OTE up to £42,000. You will also receive excellent fringe benefits including pension contribution, 28 days holiday PLUS Bank and a great team environment.
AN IMMEDIATE START IS AVAILABLE FOR SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE.
If the above role sounds perfect for you, or you require more information, please click apply
GMP Recruitment are recruiting for this role on behalf of their client and are acting as a Recruitment Agency.