GMP Recruitment are recruiting on behalf of our client in Stonehouse for a Purchasing Assistant to join their ever growing and highly successful business, on a full time, permanent contract.
Our client is a leading manufacturer that supplies to clients throughout the UK. They are currently going through a substantial period of growth so there has never been a better time to join.
In this role you will be assisting the Inventory Manager in the Purchasing Team – To ensure that there is an optimum level of stock maintained on a consistent database, and that the cost of prices of this stock is maintained.
Purchasing Assistant main duties:
- To perform the re-order process on your group of suppliers, and then to interpret these reports and place relevant purchase orders
- To ensure that products are procured at the required quantity, and at the correct time, ensuring the optimum cost benefit to the company (This means that you are to learn and understand every detail about the re-ordering system)
- To expedite all existing daily due orders
- To maintain backorders and to liaise with suppliers on the delivery time of Purchase orders
- To take alternative actions where possible to avoid stockouts
- To update all pricing on the re-order system to ensure we hold up to date, valid information, prior to placing orders.
- Buyer report
- Placing all relevant Purchase orders
- Expediting Outstanding / Overdue POs
- Inputting info in stockout log
- Ensuring overdues are booked in by Stores
- Updating pricing and status of parts I.E new or dormant
- General Purchasing Duties
Purchasing Assistant desired skills and experience:
- Grade C and above in English and Maths
- Experience in a purchasing environment
- Computer literate, Microsoft Office.
- Strong communication skills
- Willingness to learn
- Good work ethics
- Team player
This position operates on a standard weekly shift pattern of Monday – Friday, 08:30am – 17:00pm.
For all the above you will be rewarded with an hourly rate of up to £10.99, plus additional company benefits.
If the above role sounds perfect for you, or you require more information, please click apply
GMP Recruitment are recruiting for this role on behalf of their client and are acting as a Recruitment Agency.