GMP Recruitment are proud to be partnered with a hugely successful and highly recognised leading international manufacturer located on the outskirts of Worcester. We are recruiting on their behalf for a Project Buyer to join their team on a full time, permanent contract.
The Project Buyer is responsible for leading the procurement of all project related materials, equipment and services and charged with the efficient and effective control from planning through to sourcing, contract management expediting, inspection, transport, receipt, compliance, and performance
The ideal candidate for this position will be able to demonstrate 8 years’ experience or more in procurement and operations gained in a manufacturing environment - ideally withing a casting, aerospace, IGT, power generation or energy sector, and be a strong, confident negotiator.
Project Buyer main duties:
- Work with senior stakeholders on procurement projects and assist with defining purchasing needs, identify scope, objectives and drive cost reduction and facilitate clear timescales to ensure timely execution that adhere to project plans.
- Manage project suppliers and maintain a healthy commercial interface and promote good working relationships through effective communication which shall include meetings/visits, as appropriate, with a view to developing sustainable and collaborative partnerships focusing on project goals.
- Review, draft and negotiate contracts, LTA’s and SLA’s for project related procurement.
- Stay abreast of new product/material opportunities and provide recommendations to key stakeholders to support margin and revenue growth including continuous improvement to drive efficiency within the team and other wider areas of the business.
- Prepare presentations, reports, and analysis to appraise key stakeholders
- Liaise with CI, quality, and technical teams to ensure equipment, machinery and civils are sourced in line with technical specifications.
Project Buyer desired skills and experience:
- 8+ years’ experience in procurement and operations gained in a manufacturing environment ideally within a casting, aerospace, IGT, power generation or energy sector
- Strong negotiation skills and excellent commercial / business acumen
- Excellent numerical reasoning and analytical acumen
- Experience of using MRP/ERP systems and MS office suite including advanced level of excel
- Experience/awareness of engineering environment including technical data
- Awareness of logistics and warehousing functions
- Import and export experience and/or awareness
- Understanding of the impact of Brexit
This position can offer an immediate start for the successful candidate.
For all the above requirements you can expect to receive a salary up to £48,000 which is demonstrable with experienced, working 37.5 hours a week, Monday – Friday, plus excellent additional company benefits.
If the above role sounds perfect for you, please click apply.
GMP Recruitment are recruiting for this role on behalf of their client and are acting as a Recruitment Agency.