GMP Recruitment are proud to be partnered with a hugely successful, waste reclamation company located in Northampton. We are supporting their recruitment for an energetic and Production Supervisor to join their team om a full time, permanent contract.
This is a full time, permanent position working 4 days on, 4 days off, on rotating day and night shifts:
06:00am – 18:00pm
18:00pm – 06:00am
Please only apply if you can commit to the rotating day and night shifts.
Salary for this position is £33,000 per annum.
As Production Supervisor you will supervise and coordinate production activities, including maintenance staff and ensuring production targets are met in accordance with standard operating procedures (SOPs).
The ideal candidate for this role will demonstrate pervious production experience and exceptional planning abilities, with the objective of driving production rates and maximising plant performance and be comfortable working with the wider management team to solve production issues quickly and safely.
An FLT Licence is desirable but not essential.
Production Supervisor main duties:
- Lead the production facility with clear priorities around safety and quality.
- Ensure Health & Safety procedures are maintained.
- Act as a first responder to production questions, issues and concerns.
- Providing pertinent follow up information to managers, maintenance team, and quality team
- Develop a continuous Improvement environment
- Maintain stock records and locations
- Maintain and publish Kanban records for production consumables.
- Ensure team adhere to SOPs, minimise variability from operator to operator.
- Seek out SOP improvements
- Ensure housekeeping standards are adhered to, and elevated
- Ensure QA/QC product standards are maintained.
- Maintain required staffing levels, by maintaining holiday and training records.
- Ensure all equipment is operated safely, with maximum efficiency, supported by maintenance department scheduling.
- Providing regular one to one feedback to team members and conducting performance and annual reviews in concert with the department manager.
- Participate in the interview process for new employees, as well as manage departmental on-boarding and training process.
Production Supervisor desired skills and experience:
- Demonstrated ability to follow preventative maintenance plans in a production environment.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with PLC driven automated processes
- Display both a sense of urgency and a positive can-do attitude.
- Strong computer skills with advanced proficiency in Word, Excel & Power Point.
- Strong attention to details is required.
This position has the ability to progress quickly, and an immediate start is available for the successful candidate that can demonstrate all the above requirements.
If the above position sounds perfect for you, or you require more information, please click apply or contact GMP Recruitment directly.
GMP Recruitment are recruiting for this role on behalf of their client and are acting as a Recruitment Agency.