GMP Recruitment are recruiting on behalf of our client located in Lydney, Gloucestershire for an experienced Production Controller to join their ever growing and successful team on a full time, permanent contract.
As Production Controller you will be responsible for managing all aspects of production control and planning. This role performs a pivotal link within the organisation between sales and production to ensure the customer receives the desired product on time and in the most efficient manner.
The ideal candidate for this role will be able to demonstrate experience in a similar Production Controller role and possess a combination of excellent problem-solving, time-management and analytical skills.
Production Controller main duties:
- You will support sales, planning and production to ensure production runs as smoothly as possible, attending daily sales meetings
- Review short and medium term sales projection, new sales orders, establish next production slot & confirm delivery dates.
- Set up and maintain capacity planning center within SAP, loading new sales orders onto the planner, monitor the completion of production orders and work with the Production Mangers to identify ways to increase capacity
- Be responsible for maintaining the Production Planning and Replenishment systems within manufacturing operations, ensuring delivery dates are met.
- Carry out daily reports for the Operations Manager to ascertain the root cause of issues relating to production schedules and inventory control.
- You will collect and assess data about the production team's performance, providing monthly reports on the manufacturing performance.
Production Controller desired skills and experience:
- Proven experience as production planner within a manufacturing environment is essential
- Knowledge of demand planning, capacity planning, material planning and scheduling.
- Experience with MRP.
- Working knowledge of MS Office and ideally SAP
- Good math’s and statistics knowledge
- Strong organisational and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication abilities
This Production Controller position can offer an immediate start for the successful candidate.
For all the above requirements you will be offered a highly competitive basic salary up to £45,000 plus additional company benefits.
The company have recently started working on some exciting and sizable projects so there has never been a better time to join.
My client can provide a supportive team environment with good quality work. They also aim to promote a good work/life balance and are committed to the health and wellbeing of all staff.
If the above role sounds perfect for you, or you require more information, please click apply
GMP Recruitment are recruiting for this role on behalf of their client and are acting as a Recruitment Agency.