GMP Recruitment are proud to be partnered with a hugely successful lighting manufacturer located in South Birmingham. We are recruiting on their behalf for a Product Technician to join their team on a full time, permanent contract.
Our client is a fast growing and emerging LED and emergency lighting brand, operating primarily in the commercial/office/industrial sector.
Due to ambitious expansion plans, the company’s Product Management Department is looking to recruit a junior member to the team to assist with day to day product management tasks.
The role is wide-ranging with the focus on supporting the Product Management team to manage the existing portfolio of lighting products as well as supporting the introduction of product updates or new products.
The ideal candidate for this role will be able to demonstrate experience or knowledge in the lighting/electronic industry, have an electrical or electronic trade background or possess an electrical/mechanical qualification with a desire to carve a career within the electronics industry.
Product Technician main duties:
- Assisting with new range development and product upgrades/updates
- Communication with factories and suppliers in the UK and overseas to progress projects
- Assisting with reviewing and evaluation of product samples
- Organisation of product testing
- Purchase data preparation
- Creation & maintenance of data on NVC’s ERP system (OGL)
- Setting up and updating product data on NVC’s ERP system (OGL)
- NVC website - support marketing with product descriptions, images and updates
- Document/Data Control on Shared Network
- Maintenance of product information on internal & external databases
- Administering price lists and quotation configuration tool
- Helping to support the production, technical, internal and external sales teams
Electrician desired skills and experience:
- Lighting or electronic industry experience would be an advantage but it is not essential.
- Logical thinker and problem solver
- Well-developed IT Skills – Word, Excel and experience with databases would be advantageous
- Highly organised with the ability to manage multiple concurrent tasks
- Collaborative – pro-active and effective communicator
- Interested in acquiring detailed technical knowledge and developing their skills
- Able to understand technical drawings, curious about technology, particularly mechanical design and electronics
- Self -Motivated – able to work without close supervision and have an eye for detail
This position has the ability to offer an immediate start for the successful candidate.
You will be offered a salary of £20-25K which is demonstrable with experience, plus additional company benefits and great career progression opportunities.
If the above role sounds perfect for you, please click apply. If you want more information on this position, please contact GMP Recruitment directly.
GMP Recruitment are recruiting for this role on behalf of their client and are acting as a Recruitment Agency.