GMP Recruitment are proud to be partnered with a hugely successful and highly recognised leading international manufacturer located in Somerset. We are recruiting on their behalf for a Process Engineer to join their team on a full time, permanent contract.
This position is working Monday – Friday 37.5 hours a week with a salary up to £42,000.
As Process Engineer your job will be to ensure that all processes introduced on site have the capability to deliver product to the correct quality levels at the desired output rates. The successful candidate must possess a high Level of understanding of Key Process Control Measures and working knowledge of techniques such as 8D, FMEA, OEE and Lean Manufacturing.
We are looking for an individual who can demonstrate experience in a Process Control Environment in a related casting Industry.
Process Engineer main duties:
- Conduct structured reviews of process effectiveness
- Research and development of new processes
- Preparation of technical projects with cost justifications to develop and introduce new processes
- Act as a point of contact for internal departments for process engineering issues
- Act as a lead in problem solving activities
- Liaise with part engineers to reduce scrap.
- Ensure customer technical process requirements are satisfied
- Lead improvement initiatives in manufacturing process
- Reduce manufacturing costs
- Reduce nonvalue added waste
- Promote best working practices
- Liaise with relevant departments to ensure that processes meet part and customer needs
- Ongoing liaison with other Doncaster business to ensure ‘state-of-the-art’ design practice is adopted.
- Lead Plant Equipment Improvement activities including major CAPEX projects
- Understand and fully comply with all site rules and procedures
Process Engineer desired skills and experience:
- HND/HNC in Mechanical Engineering, Material Science or Foundry Technology (essential)
- 3 years’ experience in a Process Control Environment in a related casting Industry (essential)
- Full working knowledge of techniques such as: 8D, FMEA, OEE, Lean Manufacturing
- High Level of understanding of Key Process Control Measures such as Cp and Cpk
- Working knowledge of CAD
- Full working knowledge of MS Office
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and self-motivated.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Project management
- Analytical problem solver
This position can offer an immediate start for the successful candidate.
For all the above the successful receive a salary of up to £42,000 which is demonstrable with relevant experience, plus excellent company benefits.
If the above position sounds perfect for you, or you require more information, please click apply or contact GMP Recruitment directly.
GMP Recruitment are recruiting for this role on behalf of their client and are acting as a Recruitment Agency.